Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Well I'm home from work today. YAY! I got upset with my boss today. I went in and asked if I could go home at 12:00 so I can get some stuff done for Thanksgiving. My Leadworker said he sees no problem with it but I need to talk to the supervisor first. Well right about then the supervisor calls him up on the phone because once again he's late for work. My leadworker asks him if I can leave at noon. Supervisor says NO. He said it loud enough that I could hear it from the phone and I was 6 feet away. He said no one is leaving early today. Then he hung up. So leadworker says well you heard the boss no ones leaving today.
Now here's the thing because of our job and it being the day before Thanksgiving we are supposed to stay in the yard all day because of the heavy traffic on the highways. It's not like we are short handed either. We just got 3 people added to the crew last week. 6 months ago there were only 4 people including supervisor on the crew. Now we have 7. So we are not short handed. So leadworker said you know what to do. He's playing his little games again. (He being the boss.) So I called Summer, she called boss, he called me and said I need to go home because the youngest needs to go to the Dr. because he is sick. (He actually is sick. He's had the flu for 3 days now and is starting to get an ear ache.) So instead of me only taking 3 hours vacation I'm now taking 8 hours family sick leave. All because he wanted to play his little games. The thing is I can play the little games right back. I technically don't have to show up to work. As long as I make contact every 5 days they are required to keep my job open for me. I'm just doing him a favor by staying till noon. At least that was the plan.
So when I got home my wife asked how much longer am I going to stay on this crew. I don't think I'll be here much longer. I'm to the point to where it don't matter how much it costs to work in the other yard I'll do it. Just to get away from current boss.
The sad thing is I really like the other people on the crew. I like the area I work. It's just the boss that makes it miserable. The even sadder thing is that my boss did the same thing a year ago to someone else. He drove this other person off the crew. The guy ended up being given 2 weeks off for work related stress caused by my boss. Before you start thinking fraud or anything like that I work for the state of California. The state has there own Dr.s for stuff like this so employees don't screw the state the way the state screws us. The state Dr. said he needs time off for work related stress and put my boss under investigation. Now he's doing the same thing to me.

Anyways today I'm thinking about putting up the Christmas tree. This is my favorite time of year, so I decided to put the tree up today to get me in a better mood. I need to wait for Summer to get home first. She just called and the youngest has an ear infection AGAIN. I can't believe how many ear infections that kid gets. As soon as he gets the slightest sniffle he gets an infection.

Also I would like to thank all of you for your support to Summer and myself. We appreciate it more than we can say. It's amazing how people that you never see can make as much of an impact a life as you all have done for us. Thank You!

No comments: