Tuesday, November 29, 2005

How far should friendship take you?

What I mean is how far should you take being a friend to not make a complaint? As I have said before I consider the owner of the shop my wife's Explorer is at a friend. But how far should I let that go before I say 'What the hell?! This truck has been here the whole freaking month of November. How much longer are you going to keep it here?!' I'm really getting pissed here. I also feel that I am justified. I went to the shop last Wed. and talked to one of the mechanics. They haven't even touched it in 2 weeks. In the meantime it started raining this week and I'm walking to and from work in the rain. Summer starts her new job on Thu. and I have no way of getting to the babysitters to pick up the youngest on the days I need to. I talked to the owner yesterday and they finally pulled the oil pan. The pistons look good. So they pulled the valve covers and everything looks fine there too. So now they need to pull the head and the intake manifold. At this time they have no idea why it is sucking oil into the #5&6 cylinders at idle, so it will be there indefinitely. In the meantime we have payday shopping to do tomorrow night and Christmas shopping that we can't start until the truck is out of the shop and paid for. That way we know how much money we have for presents. I don't like not being able to buy presents for the kids. Can you hear the tone of my words here?


On the plus side Summer and I have been communicating more frequently now. If something is bothering me instead of taking it out on her like I used to I now tell her what is bothering me. I don't want her to try to tell me that I'm right or wrong. I just want her to listen to me. I found that is a huge help. Ever since I started to talk to her about the things bothering me (like the vehicle issue) she has much more open to me coming up to her and hugging her and giving her a kiss. That is something I have always wanted. We don't leave the house now without a hug. We don't come home without a hug either. It's like it was 10 years ago. She's even talking to me about subjects that used to be taboo.

I've decided that as soon as the truck is out of shop I am going to make an appointment to see a counselor. Even if it means taking time off of work. I need that anyways. Work is stressing me out so much. Getting into therapy is to high of a priority for me now to put off until we know what Summer's schedule is going to be. I figure if you all were this much of a help to me as free psychiatrist's, how much help could a psychiatrist be if he is being paid? The question is will Kaiser have a decent one for me to go to. I'm thinking about the one that Summer and I saw a few years ago when we were in marriage counseling. Summer didn't like her but I did so that might be a first option.

As for the weekend hunting sucked. My dad and I met my uncle on Sun. morning and he told us that someone shot a pig 10 minutes after we left on Fri. That and it was shot 50 yards from where we were standing that same 10 minutes earlier. Sun. pheasant and wood duck hunting sucked to. We were out from 8 am till 5:30 and didn't see one bird except for a hen pheasant. Trying again this Sun.

I didn't get a chance to make cookies like I wanted to do either. Summer got to the kitchen before I did. She made a batch of cookies and realized we don't have any freezer bags to store them in. So I can't make cookies until after payday. :( So procastination takes over again.

One final thought: How is it that this Blog can be mistaken for a sex Blog?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...who said your blog was a sex blog? If it was anything it was the Seven Layer Cookie post. God, that was hot! I can't even talk about it without touching myself. You animal!

Confused Husband said...

The sex blog comment from me was about an article that Bedroomdancer pointed me to. It's an article about sex blogs and I was mentioned in it. I'm not sure what the adress to the page is now but got to her comment left on the 7 layer cookie recipe and you will see it.
CH

Michael said...

It's hard to know just how to handle having a friend or relative work for you. If he's really a friend you can just tell him the position you're in (need the truck fixed for work and so you know how much to spend for Christmas) and he'll understand. You can't really go to him like you would another mechanic because it's hard to make demands of him since he's kind of done you some favors in the past, but keeping it a month does seem pretty extreme.
Glad to hear things are better with the Summer. I noticed you changed your title again. Good, I like that much better than the self-depricating one you had before.
M-