Friday, November 18, 2005

In response to recent comments from yesterday.

I was going to comment in the comments section but decided to post the comment on the main page instead.
Thanks to all who
  • commented
  • . I appreciate it.
    The flower thing to me although a good idea has always sounded like bribery. It always bothered me to see people buy flowers for someone when they messed up. They should be for better occasions than just "I'm sorry". Same for jewelry.
    dh, Although I did get mad about a truck incident, the one she is referring to happened in 1998. It was 6 days after we bought it. I have said nothing bad to her about the Explorer now. I realize that getting mad serves no purpose. Besides it was an honest mistake. Although it does make one of my beliefs stand firm. I believe that ALL students be required to take at least 1 semester of auto shop in High School. Even if they don't become mechanics they will know the bear basics of a car AND they will know when a mechanic is blowing smoke to make more money.

    I have wanted to go to counseling for quite awhile now. But have always made excuses for reasons not to go. Just like I still make excuses to NOT get a vasectomy (but that's a different story). But I have always wanted to go to a counselor but that was as a couple not alone. That thought has never crossed my mind. So maybe now is the time. But as usual there is something stopping me. Namely 1)We only have one vehicle to drive. & 2)When I do have the time to go Summer is at work. So there is no one to watch the kids.

    That being said she is starting the new job on the 1st of the month and she should be working less night time hours. That will be the time to go. She can stay with the kids and I can go to the city to see one. I actually have one in mind if I can remember her name. I do hope that she (Summer) will be willing to go with me after some time.

    As for changing the name of the Blog last night that isn't even the half of how hard I was on myself. That is just how I was feeling at the time. The way I am feeling right now is genuine. It may be hard to see because all you see are typed out words. But my wife is seeing what I feel in more than just words. I have always felt that words don't really mean much. People can say whatever they want. It is a persons actions that mean something. That's why I can't stand the word 'sorry'. To me that is just a word. I don't like to say it because to me it holds no water if you will. Instead if a person truly is sorry it will show in their actions. Actions speak louder than words. I have been trying to let my actions say what my mouth couldn't or wouldn't say. Maybe I need to say it along with act on it. Some people go by words more than actions. But once again I feel that I am rambling.

    One last thing before I go. I had always thought that it was better to let my feelings out when I was angry or upset. That way they would not be pent up inside to fester and boil. But now for the last little over a year now I have found that it is better to keep some things inside and try to work them out on the inside before letting them out. Well that is all now. I need to take care of the boys as Summer is at work. 3 more days till she don't wok there no more.

    No comments: