Monday, November 21, 2005

So much to do so little time

I find that I am WAY behind in my holiday preparations this year. Usually by now I have several dozen cookies baked and at least half the Christmas shopping done. This year I haven't baked one cookie. I have bought one gift for my Grandma but that is it. I haven't even got a clue as to what I am going to get anyone yet. At least on the plus side I don't have to buy a tree this year. Last year we did the unthinkable and bought a fake tree. To me that just makes Christmas not Christmas. But at least this year it will save on some hassle. So much to do.

Plus I am really amped about seeing 2 movies this year. The first one I want to see as a family. That one is The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe: The Chronicle's of Narnia. I loved to read those books as a kid. The other one I want to go see with Summer. It's Walk the Line. The movie about Johnny Cash. I really enjoy listening to his music.

I may have found a way to get out of my current employment situation. I'm not going to quit my job but I can get a transfer. I was loaned out to another crew today. The supervisor on that crew said he has an opening that he wants me to fill. The big problem is that to work on that crew I would need to pay for bridge toll. So my commute cost would go up from 5 bucks a week to 15 just in bridge toll and another 20 in gas. But Summer is all for me putting in for this transfer. I talked to the supervisor again after work and he said that they will hold the position open for me until mid Jan. That way I can get used to the house payments and see how Summer's job goes to see if we can afford the commute costs.

Well I've been all over the place tonight so I'll go ahead and sign out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace of mind for $5.00 a week?

A bargain at ANY price.