Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Time for another recipe!

Well just in time for Thanksgiving I have decided to put up one of my favorite recipes for dinner. I will be making this tonight for tomorrow nights dinner. Now I must warn you ahead of time. When you first look at the recipe it will not look appealing. But trust me. It tastes wonderful.

Frozen Salad.
  • 1 Package Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Softened)
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 Can Crushed Pineapple (drained)
  • 1 Small Jar Marachino Cherries
  • 1 Cup Nuts (optional)
  • 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. Salt
  • 1 Cup Cool Whip
  • 3 Cups Mimi Marshmallows

Combine the first seven ingredients. Fold in the whip cream and marshmallows. Put in cake pan and freeze over night. Thaw for 30 minutes before serving.

During the next month I will be posting various holiday recipes that I will be baking. I LOVE to cook. Especially this time of year. I plan on baking at least 5 different types of cookies in the next month. Most of those will be double batches and making the same double batch 2-3 nights in a row. We give a lot of cookies away to our neighbors on Christmas day. Something my family has done for as long as I can remember. Plus the big holiday family party, and cookies going to work. Here is an idea of what I will be baking in the coming weeks: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, 7 layer cookies, butterscotch oatmeal cookies, M&M cookies, fudge drop cookies, Pretzel Salad (Another excellent dish), sugar cookies, pie crust cookies, and Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am also thinking about trying my hand at making fudge this year and chocolate covered peanut clusters. My dad usually makes candy but I want to make some this year if I have the time. Plus for Christmas morning I will be making cinnamon raisin bread. So there is a lot of cooking. As I said the other day I am way behind this year. I usually start Christmas cookies a week before Halloween.

Happy Holidays to you all!

No comments: