Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The verdict is....

Well I have gone to the psychiatrist this afternoon. I have been evaluated for medication. I was asked questions about how I fell. I was asked again several times if I ever contemplate suicide. I was asked if I have a suicide plan.

At the time I felt decent. I still don't have thoughts of suicide. Since I don't have suicidal thoughts why would I have a suicide plan? Can you answer me that?

Any ways I described the feelings that I had the other night when my heart was pounding in my chest. I also explained that it wasn't the first time that I have felt my heart do that. She told me that it was an anxiety or panic attack. Hmmmmm.

So she told me about several different antidepressants and their side effects. The first two had no sexual side effects known to them. Number one caused major weight gain. Hhhmmmmmm. I'm already pushing 290. I don't need to gain anymore weight.

Number two caused liver failure. Aahhhhhh NO! Why would I want to feel happier only to die of liver failure? I'd rather feel depressed for the rest of my life.

The rest of them caused sexual side effects. Or as she put it sexual dysfunction. Great. So I'm going to feel better and have a sexual dysfunction. Oh well. I haven't exactly been myself in that department lately anyways. So she prescribed one that has the least amount of sexual dysfunction.

I'm now taking Celexa. I start with the first one tomorrow morning. She says that it will take four to six weeks for me to notice a difference. She will re-evaluate me in July to see if it making a difference, and see if it is having a major effect on my sexual functioning. She says if it is having a bad effect there are things that we can do to help out.

So here's to hope.
Back to group again tomorrow night. After Summer and I go to an IEP for our Oldest son. Once again the school has gone great lengths to piss us off. The meeting was originally scheduled for next Fri. They call today and say it was moved to tomorrow afternoon. Yesterday we had the same thing happen with Youngest son's school. That meeting was scheduled for Mon. afternoon. They changed it to next Fri. instead.

We're both getting sick of this shit. Every meeting we have scheduled this year they have changed on us at the last minute. Both of these meetings were scheduled over a month ago. I had requested the time off of work over a month ago. So now I'm going to be late for tomorrows meeting. I'll make Youngest son's meeting because the time slot is now open due to Oldest son's meeting change. We are now in a babysitting bind for tomorrow's meeting now as well. I'm beginning to think that they are doing this on purpose just to piss us off. Maybe I should redirect my inner anger towards them. :D Yeah. I didn't think so. It would be nice though.

It's massage time now. So good night. :D

8 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Good luck with the Celexa!

The IEP though - they can't change the meeting without your consent. AND you do not have to consent. You are a part of the team. Write letters, they have to become part of your child's permanent file, about how you were treated, and later down the road, a judge can look at that and it becomes evidence.. They are, indeed, playing games with you.

There are non-profit watchdog groups with legal advocates in my area - maybe there are some in yours? Ask your pediatrician for names for help.

Anonymous said...

When I took *Paxil* it really fucked up my sexual functions! Be careful if you quit the Celexa, The withdrawls are horrible.

cinnamon girl said...

Good luck with the meds, I really hope they help.
And believe mystical witch - DO NOT stop taking them suddenly if you hate them!
Glad to hear you're recovering from whatever you had, and good to know you're feeling better than you did a week or two ago.
Take care.

O272 said...

You don't have to be depressed to have a suicide plan. Did you ever see Armageddon? Yeah, I'm not counting on the government to take out the asteroid...and I ain't hangin' around for it! ;)

Good luck w/ the pills! Are you going to have to stay away from the sour apple martinis now?

Confused Husband said...

Cinnamon We just received a list of those from our sons counselor. Thanks for the info!

mwf YEA US!! Sounds like I need to go to your school district where kids needs for IEP's magicly go away.

Mystical_Witch Just what I'm looking forward to- withdrawls. The psychiatrist said that if it causes major sexual problems we can try med "holidays" where I stop them for like a week at a time. We'll see.

hasarder That was a terible sickness that came really quick. When I went back to work most my co-workers had the same thing. Weird.

Mr. Hus"bland" Those were my thoughts exactly.

O272No I never saw the whole movie to Armagedon. Couldn't get into it. I told the psychiatrist my drinking habbits before we even discussed the meds. She never said that I need to stop drinking, and that I don't drink enough to cause a problem.
In the last month I've had maybe 8 beers and half an Appletini. I go in spurts. sometimes I'll drink quite a bit on the weekend, then I'll go 2 weekends and not have anything but water.
CH

Saranonymous said...

I take Celexa and I have noticed a sexual "dysfunction", but it isn't too bad. It just takes me longer to orgasm than it used to. When I took Effexor it was *impossible* for me to have an orgasm, and that was simply not acceptable.

Good luck. :)

The Go To Guy said...

Good luck w/the meds.

Sorry about all the IEP junk.

Nietzsche's Girl said...

Effexor is great for panic attacks and the anxiety that causes a lot of depression. And it has almost no side effects. I gained 70lbs on the last one too, so Effexor is a godsend.

Good luck