Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back amongst the living

Sun. May 28

I don't know what it was that hit me but it came on fast and hard. I was fine when I woke up Fri. morning, but by the time I got off work in the afternoon I was running a 102 temp. I went to bed when I got home and didn't get out of bed until yesterday around 3:00. Today I'm feeling pretty good except for the cough and my back hurts from being in bed for so long. And yes Summer took good care of me when I was sick. She even went to the store and brought me home a red rose. Made me feel special. Thanks to all those who sent get well wishes.

As I wrote on Thu. after my group meeting, my therapist was going to call me with a referral on Fri. Well that call came in and I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on Wed. afternoon. From there I will start taking some sort of meds if he sees fit to prescribe them to me. So we'll have to wait and see how that goes when Wed. gets here.

Tue. May 30

Well I started this post on Sun. but never got around to finishing it. The weekend was pretty good after I started feeling better. The problem was I busted my ass working around the house on Mon. trying to do the stuff I was to sick to do on Fri. and Sat. But it was worth it. We finally got our new closet organizer installed in our room. What a long drawn out project that was. The shelves weren't bad. The bad part was all the crap that we seem to keep hanging on to. Clothes from back in 1994. Clothes that haven't fit 60-70 pounds ago. Papers from god knows what. Books from Jr. High. And that's just MY crap. I won't go into the same stuff that Summer has as well. We are perpetual pack rats. I will wear those pants that are size 36 again someday. Just not anytime soon as I'm now in a 44. Plus all the shirts that I won't wear but can't bring myself to toss out. Like the gift from my parents 3 years ago for my bday. It's a western style, red plaid, snap down shirt. It fits. But still has the tag on it. Red is not my color and western is not my style. But it was a gift and I feel it would be disrespectful to return it. It's even worse to toss it or give it away. So it just sits. There's many more that are like that. They have been worn many times. But I don't have the occasion to wear them anymore. So they sit as well. I really need to consolidate my wardrobe. Anymore if it's not jeans, jean shorts or a t shirt, I'm just not wearing it. I used to wear turtle necks all the time. And sweaters. But that was when I had an occasion to wear them. Like when I worked in Loss Prevention for JC Penney's. But now it's jeans and t shirts to work. Work provides the shirts. Lounge around the house in raggedy t shirts or tank tops after work, and on days like today a nice t shirt to go shopping in. Why get all dressed up in a button down shirt just to make a trip to Walmart and Sam's Cub?

I guess in a way I'm trying to convince myself to get rid of more crap from my closet. But then Summer will seize the opportunity to put more of her stuff on my side of the closet. ;-)~

And that's all for now. Time for payday shopping boredom. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive.

1 comment:

O272 said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, CH! I know Summer took good care of you!

As for throwing stuff out...let me in there! I'm the anti-packrat! ;)