Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Terrible

That's the way my week has been so far. My boss put me on a mower on Mon. to mow the shoulder of the highway. No big deal. I love to mow. It let's me be by myself and think. But this year my allergies are just kicking my ass. By noon my eyes were so bad that one of them was almost swollen shut. I called Summer to come to the yard and get me some visene. An hour later I called her to come take me home. I couldn't even drive. My right eye would barely open, and the left was almost as bad. They were both very swollen. It was not pretty. I took a shower, and just laid in bed with a cold washcloths over my eyes until it was time to go shopping. Then Summer had to drive to and from the city. The only good thing about it is that my boss didn't charge me any of my sick leave or vacation for leaving early. He said he felt bad so he paid me for the whole day.

My eyes are no longer swollen today. But the redness still has not gone away. They still burn and itch. It's all I can do to keep from rubbing them. My allergy pills just don't seem to be cutting it for me this year. In years past it has always been my nose that has given me the problems. This year it's my eyes. I HATE spring and summer. This will go on until the rains return in the fall. UGH!!

Other than that things have been really slow. I'm still in therapy once a month. I go to Men's group therapy once a week. I actually like it. When I get more time I'll talk about how that has been going.

I'll be single dad this weekend. Summer will be going on a women's church retreat this weekend. She leaves on Fri. afternoon and returns on Sun. sometime. Sat. and Sun. will be pretty busy for me with 2 birthday parties and moving furniture for my sister. But Fri. night the oldest will be sleeping at the school for their astrology night so it will just be the youngest and me the whole night. And the whole thing of me being unable to sleep without Summer in bed next to me. It will be a long weekend sleepless weekend. But I know that she needs the time for herself so it will all be good.

3 comments:

O272 said...

Sorry about the allergies, CH! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Summer - have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

I get the same way with my allergies. I hate them! Usually Benadryl works for me though.

aphron said...

Over the counter Clariten will help, cold compresses, Naphcon-A also helps. All of these are over the counter. A prescription of Patanol or Zaditor eyedrops twice a day keeps you comfortable.

I live in the one of the top ten worst allergy areas. I know allergies.