Monday, May 22, 2006

What does no mean?

Just a quick question for all of you out there. What does "NO" mean to you?

Or how about this one: What does "NO! We are NOT keeping one of the kittens."

What does that mean to you?

Does it mean get rid of all the kittens except one?

Does it mean : Do what ever you want. My voice don't mean shit around here anyways.

How about the fact that you can't stand cat's. Period. But you love your wife so much that you bring one home for her. At the same time you love snakes and have wanted one since you were a little kid. Your wife is afraid of snakes so you don't get one. So when the kittens topic comes up you say "If we keep a kitten I'm buying my snake." Fine we won't keep one.

Today I come home all excited because Summer was to take the kittens to the pound. What do I see when I walk in the door? A Fucking kitten. She kept one of the dam cats. One cat is to many in this dam house. They STINK! They scratch furniture, climb on the furniture, meow in the middle of the night, climb on the bed and purr in your ear at 3AM.

So I come home toi find the dam kitten and I say fine. I'm buying my python this weekend. And What do I hear from the people that supposedly love me? No snakes in the house.

Fine. NBo snakes in the house, NO cats in the house either. We now own to OUTDOOR ONLY cats. I will not be ignored on this matter.

When I said NO. I meant NO. Dam it. I refuse to be walked on any more.

7 comments:

stinkypaw said...

No means no, if you mean it! and that's in everything, not just about pets!
One thing I don't get though... why did you bring a cat home when you didn't want to? To please your wife? Really? Or because you hoped she'd "loved" you just as much and say yes to a snake?! Be honest!

BTW, cats don't smell and if they do then there's something wrong with it. You're entitled to dislike cats, but to play tit for tat with your wife about this is wrong. You need to make yourself "fully" understood and not play games. Let her know how you truly feel and how pissed off, or hurt you felt to see the kitten when you had said that you didn't want one... Talk! Not scream, talk! ... it might work!

The Go To Guy said...

So, you're saying you don't like cats, if I read this right...

:)

How about get the snake, let it eat the kitten, then grill the snake and have some exotic food. :P

Okay maybe not, but that's what I could come up with.

FTN said...

I like NSN's idea. A good cat is a dead cat, and BBQ is always good.

Probably wouldn't win you any favors with the family though.

Confused Husband said...

stinkypaw Honestly I got the original cat for Summer because I loved her. Her first cat dissapeared and I wanted her to be happy. That's it. It's the same reason I got her the guinnea pig several years ago as well. And I did make my feelings fully understood. Ever since the day the kittens were born. She even agreed with me that one cat was enough. The snake will never happen. Even if she were to say yes. It's just one of my dreams to own one.
The thing that really upset me and IO should have mentioned yesterday was that she tells the kids yes we will keep the kitten. I come home and say no like I have said for the lkast 2 months. So who do you think the kids are hating right now? The one that gives in to the crying? Or the one that says no and means no.
And yes cats do stink. I can't use the front bathroom any more due to how bad the litter box smells. Everyone wants the cats but no one wants to clean up after them.

NSN & FTNAlthough that idea sounds really good at first impulse, it's not the best thing to do. But thanks for the advice. :D
CH

O272 said...

You're right here, CH. If you guys decided not to keep a kitten, they all should have gone to the pound. I can understand your anger and I hope it has since been resolved.

FTN/NSN - if y'all are looking for some kitty cuisine, I've got a feline you can feast on over here! ;)

Confused Husband said...

O Apparently it has been resolved. The cat is still here. It cost $75.00 to drop off the first of them. Plus 6 gallons of gas. To drop off this one will be another 6 gallons of gas & another $25.00. I took the day off of work and we had some time to talk things over.
CH

Saranonymous said...

well that's the real problem... not cleaning up after the cats. The least she could do is make sure that the litter box is clean if she wants the cats so badly.

I am a cat person - so I disagree with your views on cats - but I still think decisions and discussions need to be honored in a marriage.