Saturday, June 03, 2006

Things not to say

The other night after I came home from my men's group I made a joking comment to Summer. Here's how it went:

Me:"So some of the guys and I were thinking that maybe we needed to invite our wives to come to one of our group meetings."

SR:"Why?"

"Because we think it would be easier to get our points across sometimes."

Silence for a few minutes.

Me:"Oh come on. Give it a try. Baby. Sweetie. Dear. Snookums."

SR:"Snookums!? I'm not snookums."

"Sorry. It just came out. What do you like to be called?"

"Deer. Baby. You know."

"But your not a baby. Your a full figured woman."

And that ladies and gentlemen is when it went sour. Apparently a woman does not take it as a compliment to be called a full figured woman. This is what she heard "But your not a baby. Your a huge fat woman."

What I meant was that she is not a baby. She is a full grown woman that has a nice full figure. Meaning she has nice curves.

Am I the only person that this happens to? Ladies help me out please. What is wrong with being a full figured woman?

8 comments:

DH said...

Sorry man...you're dead. No matter how positive you intended that comment to be...you're screwed.

Wish I had better news for you.

O272 said...

Oh yeah, you're toast, CH. I suggest you buy some flowers on the way to the doghouse!

Michael said...

Yeah, it's been nice knowing you.

Confused Husband said...

To everyone:Actually it wasn't all that bad. We made up that night after I explained to her what I was trying to say. There was no sleeping on the couch. I'm still alive and well. Situations like this is why there should be a translation book out there. I had no idea that would be a derogitory comment.

Mr. Hus"bland" that's what I keep saying. She is a very sexy woman.
CH

The Go To Guy said...

Glad to see this had a happiern ending than we all thought it would. :D

Those damn words always sound so much better in our heads before they get out in the open...

NSN

marriedwithsex said...

Found you through your comment on pretty,. Glad to hear to major discord..personally, I am glad my hubby prefers a 'full figured' gal. I, too wonder at men who dream of a stick figure, prepubesent 'girl'. As a woman with real boobs and some decent hips and ass...thanks god for men who prefer to real vs plasic :)

Mistify said...

lol I am sorry to say that every woman I know has transplanted how we feel about ourselves into something a man said as a compliment. If she was confident in her full figure she would not take it wrong. Make sure she feels that you think she is sexy.

RobynB said...

My husband did the same thing. What he was TRYING to say is that he loves my curves, but yes I took it wrong. I heard something to the effect of "Back away from the Oreos..."

Anyhoo... he is the King of the backhanded compliment. I have super curly hair. Sometimes I straighten it as I dry it and other times I leave it nautural.

One day as I was getting ready for work he came up behind me and in his sweetest voice says "Honey, don't straighten your hair today. I love it when you wear it frizzy and stringy."

NOT a good thing to say...lol