Saturday, June 24, 2006

A good week

This week has been a busy week but at the same time a pretty good one too. The crazy thing is that the part that went really good was work. For the chain of command at work we have the supervisor at the top. Then comes the Leadworker (that's the test I took two weeks ago)which is in between management and the workers. Then there is the Equipment Operator (EO) 2's. That would be me. EO1, and then the lowest would be the maintenance workers.

So this week the Leadworker was on vacation down in Vegas for the whole week. So the Supervisor decided to put me in charge of the rest of the crew. 3 EO2's including me, one EO1, and 1 worker.

It was really good. He actually listened to what I had to say when I had input to give for the job. He told me what he wanted to have done for the day, then told me to assign the people that I wanted to do what. He actually told me that he has faith in me and that he trusts my work knowledge and decisions. So it was a real confidence booster for me. My boss and I got along better the last 5 days than we have for the last 5 years I have worked in this yard with him. The extra OT this week helped out as well. Another 12 hour day Mon. Then on Fri. Summer came to the yard and had lunch with me. It was fun. We all had a laugh about the jealousy bit as she wasn't there that day. I now have a new found respect for the job my boss does at work. It don't change the fact that I'm not to crazy about him though.

Another good thing this week was that we booked my cousins cabin in Tahoe again for 5 days in Aug. We didn't get the weekend that I wanted so I won't be going to Hot August Nights in Reno again, but at least we are going. That's the important thing. So we will be going to the cabin Aug. 16-20. It is the same cabin that we went to last Aug. for the family vacation. I can't wait till Aug. now.

I also spent the week IMing with some new people and that was great as well. That brings me to a new question. I have a Yahoo messenger account set up for my blog name. Now I want to be able to add a thing to my blog saying when I am online. I have seen it on at least one blog, but have not gotten a response as to how they did it.

Today was a good day as well. I finally got rid of the Bronco that has been sitting in my driveway for the last 3 years. I inherited it from my cousin when he died. But the block was seized so it just sat. Today my dad and I hauled it to a junk yard. But I still can't park in the driveway with my truck. Summer said that now she's going to hog the whole driveway.

Now where would this Blog be without a little Self Discovery? So here is some self discovery for the day.

Summer and I finally got a little alone time this afternoon. YAY! Youngest took a nap and oldest went to play with a neighbor kid. Now this is the first time we've been alone for some fun time in over a week. It was really fun as usual. Now here's the thing. I think that since I have been taking the Celexa I have been letting my mind runaway with me. I have heard quite a few people tell me that antidepressant medication will cause sexual side effects. So I have had it set in my head that I will have side effects. So in a sense I'm causing my own problems here. I took what I heard and let it run away on it's own creating it's own problem. Which is what happened today. Everything went fine until after we were done, and we got in the shower. So I need to find a way of getting myself back. Letting myself just be normal. And if something happens then it happens. Stop making things happen because I'm so worried about it. Let the problems arise then deal with it.

Other than that the Medication is working it's stuff I guess. I'm not as stressed out. My temper has really stepped down. The things that used to bother me and make me mad aren't anymore. And I must say that I am so glad that I decided to do something about this when I did. When I was in group the other night there was a guy there that had the exact same issues as I do. He went through the same phases of anger as I did. He almost lost a marriage due to the problem. Like me. He had a very supportive wife that tried to stand by his side and help with the anger that he dished out to her. Like I do. But 2 weeks ago he got tired of the anger all the time and his wife found him hanging from the rafters in the garage. So she cut him down before he died. He's now in our group meetings. I am so thankful that I got the help I needed before that happened to me. I am also very VERY thankful to have a wife like Summer. She is the best woman that there ever was. I dare anyone to try and tell me of a better woman, wife, mother, lover, friend, and companion. She has stuck by me through all the bull shit that I have put on her. She is still by my side and helping me in every way possible. She's here when most other women would have been gone and given up a long time ago. And for that I owe her my life.

3 comments:

O272 said...

Can I call you EO1 now? ;)
Sounds like you had a great week! And you're right about your wife - she's a remarkable woman!

Confused Husband said...

OO7No you may NOT call me EO1 now. That would be a demotion. I'm an EO2.

Thanks for agreeing with me.
CH

Bez said...

Hip-hip Hooray! Three (zillion) cheers for Summer!! You have a woman beyond what words can ever describe. It sounds as tho you are treating her right. (ps - does she have seminars to guide the rest of us "Wanna-be-Summers?") (If this comes off sounding sarcastic, I don't intend it to. I mean every word, seriously.) Tahoe? August? I wanna go, too!! Have fun!