Sunday, June 11, 2006

Guess it's time to update this place.

My God! I have been so busy this week. Since the last update I have been working my ass off trying to back-up all my archives. So far no bad effects on my Blog so I'm going to go ahead and chalk this up to the problems that Blogger has been having the past week. Let me tell you something. Trying to back up over 160 posts is a real pain in the ass! I think that I have only been able to back-up about 70 of them so far. But that's also backing up the comments as well. The main reason that it is taking me so long though is that I'm rereading a lot of my older posts from the beginning. Let me tell you something. I am in no way shape or form happy about the way that I used to post things. I was every bit the Ass Hole that Summer said that I was. I can't believe how far that we have come. It is like we have done a complete 180.

My old posts were so full of anger. I was a very insecure, controlling, hurtful person. As I was rereading some old comments I came across one that said that I was not keeping Summer in a marriage. Instead it was more like keeping her in jail. I realize now that he was right. I thank my lucky stars every day that Summer found it in her heart to forgive me, and find the love that we once had together. We are finally having the marriage now that we should have had 11 years ago from the start of our marriage. I really think that going to see a counselor was the best decision that I have made for myself in my whole life (except for marrying Summer).


So I have been taking the Celexa for a little over a week now. It has been going pretty well. I did one day that didn't seem to go all to well for me, but I think that it was just my body getting used to the meds. My Dr. said that it should take about 4-6 weeks to see a difference with the meds. But my co-workers have been seeming to notice a difference already. They keep asking me if I'm OK because I seem to be "giddy" in their terms. I seem to be smiling more at work. I think that it is because of the fact that I have worked quite a bit of overtime this week and because we are paving. I worked a 14 hour shift on Thu. Let me tell you that was a long ass day.

Tue. was the day that I had the bad day with the meds. I felt like I was high or something. I had a hard time sitting still. Had a real dry mouth, as unable to keep a thought in my head or concentrate. Forgetting the most simple everyday things.

But now I seem to be doing better on that end. Now I can concentrate and keep focused for the most part. I just can't seem to stop yawning. Not because I'm tired but because I can't seem to get enough oxygen in my lungs.

There haven't seem to be any sexual side effects so far. I am now able to attain an erection. YAY!!! I'm just having problems maintaining them. :-( That still hasn't stopped us from 2 of the most amazing nights in the past week. They were very simply put HOT! Kids were asleep and we let ourselves loose.

In other events Youngest went camping with my parents for the weekend. So I took Summer and our oldest out to dinner Fri. night. It was great to be able to go out and take our time eating not worrying about when the little one was going to act out. Then last night we rented Space Balls. It was still a funny movie but not like it used to be. After a certain point I just lost interest in it. But our son loved it.

On some really good news I took a test this morning for a promotion at work. If I pass it will mean a transfer and a small raise. It will take 4-6 weeks for the results to be mailed out to me. So please send me all the luck you can spare. I've already got a position lined out as long as I score in a reachable ranking. In other job related news Summer has some good news but I'll let her tell that in the post she's writing now.

Time to get the BBQ going so farewell for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow catching up. Why are you taking Celexa? Would it be okay if I emailed you?

FTN said...

I'm happy for you that the Celexa is working out, but I'm deeply disturbed that you don't find Spaceballs to be as funny as it used to be.

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine...

Confused Husband said...

whoami929 I went back into me depression a few weeks ago. If you want to e-mail me that would be perfectly fine.

ftn I still found most of the movie to be hilarious. But the last little bit of it just didn't do it for me. Same thing with Mel Brooks movie History of the World Part I. Great movie untill it got to the inquisition. A little to much.
It's good to be king.
CH

O272 said...

Lots of luck with the job thing! Sounds like things are going well for you! :)

Cinnamon said...

Glad to hear things are better - and credit where it's due: you did this. You did the work, you got the help, you have grown... you, you, you! And now you are reaping the rewards of a better life, that you have created for yourself. Bravo!

Bravo, and Encore! - keep going! Keep up the good work!

April said...

SO glad to hear things are going well. Congrats on the promotion! I wish you luck...but not sending any since I have none to spare. :)