Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Father's Day Weekend

Well first off as you know from reading my lovely wife Summer, I had a little bit to much to drink the other night at the Crawdad festival. But it was still a fun time. It was nice to be out without the kids alone. We ran into one of the aids for youngest sons class and she invited us over to her house for an after party. After we ate a late dinner we set out to find her house. On the way there we ran into an interesting drunk person that invited us to her after party as well. She said that it would be much more fun than any other party because she had a spa. And she only invited cool people. So apparently Summer and I are cool people worthy of a spa party. ;-) We told her sure we'd see about stopping by just to get her to leave us alone. Then we found the house we were looking for. That's when it got bad. I started playing a drinking card game. I won't tell any more of the details of the night. I remember them but wish I didn't. We did have a young lady walk into the garage asking one of the attendees for his beads. The guy told her that she had to "earn" them. And she did.

This brings us to Sun. It was spent getting things ready for the BBQ dinner with my family. It turned out really well. Dinner was pretty good. Even though it was a little bit overcooked. I was trying to do to much at once. After dinner we just sat around and talked a little bit. After Everyone left Summer and I just sat and relaxed. We were out until about 1 in the morning and got up at 7:30. So it was a long day.
I hope all the father's out there had a wonderful Father's Day!

5 comments:

Confused Husband said...

Mr. Hubland Thanks. They tasted dam good. Even as leftovers for tonights dinner.

I'm not the one who got to lose the beads unforunately. But I was lucky enough to be sitting next to him at the card table for a close up look. :-)
CH

O272 said...

That does look good! So, what? You just stick meat and veggies on a stick and put 'em over an open flame? I think I could handle that! ;)

Summer Rose said...

Texas_ivy10
It's good to see you again, it's been a while. On second thought I'll just email you.
S.R.

Confused Husband said...

O This just might be something that you could handle. Really simple. But it takes a lot of time and patience to make. The grilling is the easiest part.

Texas Ivy Thanks!
CH

Michael said...

DAMN that looks good. My f-i-l will fix those sometimes, my favorite is the bacon-wrapped shrimp.