Saturday, June 17, 2006

Busy

Thats what I've been this week. And it's not letting up anytime soon either.

This morning I finally got the security door installed in the front of the house. It only took a little over a month to get it put on after I installed the front door. Now we just need to put the molding on around the security door. We were going to do that today as well untilo my dad had a little run in with a drill bit. Or actually it was a screw driver bit on an electric drill. The bit slipped off the screw and went right into his fingure. He now has about a 3 inch gash in his index fingure. But at least the door is installed. My dads fine. He went home after the door was done and got bandaged up by my mom.

Tonight is going to be an extremely fun night for me. It is the Crawdad festival in a delta town a few miles from us. It is basically a mini Mardi Gras. Complete with beads and flashing. I asked my mom to watch the kids for a few hours so that Summer and I can go alone. It's really not a place for the kids, especially after the sun goes down. She surprised me and asked if the kids could spend the night with her tonight. Well of course you know what the answer to that was. Anytime anyone volunteers to watch my kids overnight it's going to be fine with me.

So we'll be heading over there in a little bit. I'm all ready to go with a container of Appletini and another of Komakazi's. Summer is going to be my babysitter tonight as usual for the festival. It's really a blast. The town has a population of about 1500 people. But for the three days of the festival the population jumps to over 100,000 a day. Traffic is going to be a bitch. Parking is going to be worse but at least I have free parking passes that my boss gave me.

And that brings us back to a work related topic. I talked to my boss about the lady that seems to be bothering me. He seems to think that it's funny. So I asked him if the roles were reversed and I was telling her that I loved her and called her Honney or Sweetie wouldn't that be sexual harassment? He said only if she made a complaint about it. So I told him that it is really getting on my nerves and I'd like it to stop. He told me that I needed to tell her that before he could do anything about it. great. So I'm still getting nowhere with this. Guess I'm just going to have to be rude and tell her to leave me the fuck alone.

Tomorrow I'm having my parents and sister over for a Father's Day BBQ. I'm going to grill some Kabobs. When I'm done here I'm going to start the prep work on the meat and veggies. I'm using about 5 pounds of Top Sirloin stekas that I'm going to dice up and then soak overnight in Terriyaki sauce and seasonings. Then I'll dice up some red and green bell peppers into about 1.5 inch squares. Cut up 2 yellow onions into the same size squares. then tomorrow when I'm ready to cook them I'll add mushrooms. Soak some bamboo sticks in water for about an hour. Then thread on the meat and veggies alternating between meat, mushroom, onion, bell pepper, meat, etc. Cokk them on the grill basting with the sauce until done. Serve with salad, rolls and mashed potatoes with a terriyaki sauce gravy. MMMM good stuff!

Well another load of laundry is ready to come out of the dyer. I'll talk to you all later.

3 comments:

O272 said...

How do those kabobs sound today, CH? ::snicker:: (Yeah, I read Summer's post first!)

Happy Father's Day!

Good luck cleaning out the SUV! ;)

Summer Rose said...

Happy Fathers Day!
my dear, your the greatest! As for last night...you only do this rarely.
S.R.

April said...

Hope Father's Day went well. :)