Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ho hum.

That's how I'm feeling right now.
I finally accepted defeat yesterday and towed my truck to the shop. They will finish the tear down and buildup of the engine. The good thing is that I have all the new parts so that will bring down the bill. Also the owner is going to let me go down there after work to help work on it to keep the cost even lower. I think he needs another case or 2 of beer on payday. What do you think?

So Sun. we finally got to watch Walk the Line. I bought it on Tue. and every night since I bought it Summer would say we'll watch it tonight. But it never happened. So I put it in the DVD player after she came home from church and sent the kids to play in their room. It was an excellent movie. I really enjoyed it.

This weekend is our 12th wedding anniversary. We're trying to decide what we are going to do. My parents are going to watch the kids for us on Sat. My mom even said that they could spend the night if we wanted them to. But Summer says "NO" She don't want to be away from youngest son overnight because she wants to give him his med first thing in the morning. Apparently my mom is not capable of giving him his med in the morning.
(I just bumped the esc key and deleted half my post. AAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! )
So now we need to find out what we can do on Sat. night that don't involve the kids staying at my parents for the night and that we can do for under 80 bucks. Sounds like dinner and back home again. Not that anything is wrong with that. But because of all the stuff we went through last year we didn't do anything at all. So I wanted this year to be special. I wanted to go out and be alone for at least a night with out the kids. If for nothing else than to just be the 2 of us again. I really miss that. I'll give it to her that some of the stuff I came up with was really off the wall and out rageous. But at least I was trying to come up with something. All summer will do is say "I don't know what to do. What do you want to do?" I tell her and she says "I don't want to do that." Then tell me what you want then. I'll do anything she wants to do. That way I know it will be the right thing. As long as we are together I will be happy.

I know that last section sounded like I was upset with her. But really I'm not. Outside of planning this weekend things are still doing fine with us. The communication is still there. We just need to stop getting our signals crossed. She's trying to be playful and I'm taking it seriously. I need to get used to the playful side of her. It's been buried for so long that I forgot that she even had that in her. I really missed it and am glad it's back.

3 comments:

O272 said...

Think your mom will watch my kids then? ;)

Happy (early) anniversary!!!

Confused Husband said...

o272, I'll have to check on that. I'm not sure.
daddy's lil girl, A mechanic like mine is hard to come by. It took many years of broken vehicles and quite a few cases of beer to get the relationship we have now.
Texas_Ivy10, Thanks for the idea. Theres no comedy clubs close to home for us though. We will definately be getting some alone time before we get the kids.
Mr. Hus"bland", Thanks for stopping by. I actually sugested that very thing. But it was a little different. I suggested going to a bar and walking in at different times. I could "pick" her up like we just met. Have a couiple drinks then leave together and rent a hotel room for an hour or 2. Needless to say Summer did not go for it. :-(

Thank you all for the well wishes for our anniversary. I think that we will be going bowling. At least that is the plan as for now. Summer said thats what she woulkd like to do. It's been 11 years since we have went bowling.
I'll let you all know how the day goes this weekend.
CH

Pretty peanut said...

Congrats on the 12th anniversary. That's great!
We are planning on going out this weekend too. And ironically enough, the inlaws said our little one could stay the night as well...weird.
I think that bowling would be a lot of fun! I hope you guys get some time to be "in love" without worrying about the kids for a while. Have a great weekend!!
PP