Sunday, March 12, 2006

What a weekend

This will have to be a quick post.

Besides having our anniversary celebration last night this was a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I got my garage cleaned again. But this a good thing this time. After my garage was cleaned I went to my neighbors house and he gave us a pool table for FREE! It's not a competition size table but it was free. So I'm not complaining. I fulfilled a childhood dream today when we carried the table across the street. I was on cloud 9. And so were the kids when I said it was ours to keep in the garage.

Today is also a special day as well. In 15 minutes we will finally be able to watch the new season of the Soprano's. To make it even more special youngest son is asleep so that Summer and I can watch it together. We love this show. I'm actually considering buying the series on DVD. But that will have to be after I complete the series of Sex and the City on DVD.



So now to the part that I eluded to in my post from this morning down below.
Last night I made some observations that really caught me off guard.
First: people being rude to hostess'. If you have a party that is rather large (12 people) and they tell you that the wait will be 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, then you should be willing to wait or go somewhere else. Or better yet call ahead and make a reservation ass wipe. But don't go to the hostess after 50 minutes and complain about not being seated. She is not in control of the people that are already seated.
Second: When I used to go out to dinner especially to a nice restaurant I used to have to wear slacks and a button down shirt. Now I'll admit that I was in jeans last night but they were nice jeans. But there were people showing up to this place wearing shorts (it was in the freakin 40's and there were 3 people in shorts), whole jeans, and raggedy T-shirts. Come on. If you are going out to a decent place to eat then dress like a respectable person. Not like trash.
Third: It was prom night for the high school in the town we ate at. There was a lucky guy there that had two dates with him. How the hell do you get that lucky to be able to take two girls to the prom and have them be fine with it?
Lastly: Kids! While at the restaurant there was a girl about 5 that was chasing her 18 month old sister around the place. Parents didn't give a rats ass. The kids were running all over. The waiters and buser's were tripping over them and no one said a thing. The last thing about kids was at the bowling alley. It's 9:30 at night. There is a 3 year old with his parents. That's fine. IF the parents were watching him. He was running all over the lanes. More than once he ran in front of us while we were in mid stride with a 15 pound ball in our hand. I mean what the hell!?! This kid could get seriously hurt and the parents don't give a crap. They are letting him run all over the dam place unsupervised.

Well It's time to go now. It's Soprano time. :-)

3 comments:

FTN said...

Regarding your third question: Don't be too jealous of the guy with two dates to the prom. That means he is the "friend" type. And that means he has no chance of a relationship or some kissy-action with either one of them.

Glad your anniversary was good... just try to ignore the kids running rampant, and be glad they aren't yours!

O272 said...

That's why we get takeout! ;)

pkeclub said...

a lot of parents really dont have great parenting skills and dont really care if there little angels are bothering you or not. isnt that awesome??