Sunday, March 12, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Well today is the day. 12 years ago Summer and I woke up early in the morning and drove to Reno to get married. We got married at a small chapel on the strip close to El Dorado and Circus Circus. It was 1994 and they were just beginning to build Silver Legacy. My beautiful bride was about 2 months pregnant. We had found out she was pregnant the previous month. After we were already engaged. 11 days after the wedding I got on a plane and flew to Alabama for basic training in the Army. We didn't see each other at all for the first 5 months of our marriage.

Last night we went out for our night alone together. The first time alone in quite some time.
We dropped the kids off at my parents house and went out to dinner. We went to a very good Italian restaurant. I love Italian food. Had another Appletini to. Even better than the one I made on Fri. night. I made mine with Rose's Martini Infusions Sour Apple. The one from last night used Pucker Sour Apple schnapps. Amazingly good.


After dinner we went to go bowling. Aren't those shoes just so attractive on me? That was fun as well. We had a lot of fun. Bowling isn't as cheap as I remember it to be though. I also won't go into details about how we bowled either. Let's just say that those shoes looked better than we did.
The best thing about Bowling was the look on Summer's face. I haven't seen her smile that big and happy in so long I forgot that she can smile like that. She is very beautiful when she smiles that big.
After bowling we came to an empty house. That was the best part of the evening for me. We had time to do what we wanted to do without noisy kids or trying to put the kids to bed. This morning I let Summer sleep in as I went to get the kids from my parents first thing I woke up so youngest son could get his meds. Actually as soon as I got there he asked me if I had his med for him to take. He has no idea why he is taking it but he makes sure that we don't forget to give it to him.

There are some things about last night that bothered me but that is for another post. It just don't make sense how people can ignore there kids at places and let them go wherever they want to.

2 comments:

O272 said...

Happy Anniversary, CH and SR!!!

Two things - I kick ass at bowling and even the smell of sour apple anything makes me hurl. We're kinda opposites like that! ;)

Confused Husband said...

O, Thanks!
I used to kick ass at bowling. Then we stopped for 12 years. Summer wants to start bowling again now though.
So you cant even stand the smell of say....apple pie?

CH