Sunday, March 05, 2006

When do you accept defeat?

I've been trying to work on my truck all weekend long. I need to replace the timing chain. But this is a foreign truck and they cant make it an easy replacement like the American made ones. No I have to tear down the whole damn engine to do it. Remove the heads, intake, exhaust, oil pan, water pump, pulley's. All that shit. Well this morning the truck kicked my ass. I had everything taken apart except for the Pulley's. The hold down bolt for them is on so damn tight that I cant get it off. Even with my air hammer. All that does is spin the socket on the bolt. Not good.
So I decided to take a quick break, do a little blogging and go back at it in a little bit. If I can't get it off after the break I will throw in the towel and tow it to the shop tomorrow. At least I did most of the major work to it so the bill won't be that bad. Plus I have all the parts so that will make it cheaper also.

Yesterday morning Summer and I laid in bed for a few hours before getting up and taking core of the kids. It was a typical Sat. morning in bed. Almost anyways. This time we had started and finished a conversation. Our communication level has really gone up in the past few months. I'm becoming more involved with the daily activities and she is being more open to me about talking to me and what we talk about. I'm much happier with where we are today compared to where we were a year ago. Financially we are in almost the same place but that is a constant with us. We are still pretty much debt free except for the house and student loans.
Her clientele has been increasing little by little at her new job. So things are better for her at work. I had a big blow out with my boss last week. Since then my boss and I are getting along better also.
So back to the conversation of yesterday. We actually had a talk about sex. I had told her that I was happy with the frequency that we have been at lately. She on the other hand was surprised about that. She then shocked me and said she has actually been upset about the frequency of sex that we have and wishes it was more. I was totally caught off guard. We have just been so caught up with the kids and work that we have been putting 'us' on the back burner except for weekends. We also talked about our Blogs. She told me that her blog has really helped her to put the past where it belongs. And she apologized for anything she may have wrote that upset me. I told her that it was alright. If I didn't want it to be out there I would not have asked her to start a blog to begin with. We also discussed starting new blogs also. We'll have to see if hers gets started or not. Mine will be up in a week or so. But it won't have any links to this one. The 2 are to be kept separate. Neither one of us are going to shut down our sites. We just want another place to express ourselves.

So all in all things are going pretty well here. Except for youngest son. Some days his medication seems to work wonders. Others it's like he's worse than before. Take Fri. for example. He got sent home from school for the second time in the week. This time it was for throwing rocks at his teacher and at the other students. When he got home he was throwing a huge tantrum because Summer would not let him watch TV or give him any treats. Then when she went to the garage to do laundry he locked her in the garage. She called me up at work to see if I could let her back in but I was 65 miles away at the time. So I called the house and he let her in when the phone rang. Then an hour later he locked her in one of the rooms of the house.
Now compare that to Wed. His teacher said that he was fine at school. The babysitter told me that he was perfectly fine with her as well.
Next week we will see his Counselor for the first time. We're hoping that the counselor will be able to get him in to be seen asap. Unlike my counselor. After my last appointment he was booked up for 5 weeks. So I still have another week to go.

Well the family is home now off I go.

10 comments:

Confused Husband said...

mattnem05, He is 5 years old and is still in preschool. He goes to school MWF. If Summer posts here she can give you some more details than me. We do have an IEP meeting on the 22. So hopefully we will figure something out then.
CH

April said...

Glad things are going well for you guys. You deserve it.

Summer Rose said...

mattnem05,
back in Nov, they had told us they were thinking about putting him in school the two days that he wasn't going to school. Which they never did, the only thing that they really tested him was Sensory Prossessing and adhd. With all of these tests they have done they told me when I got this report is he is not ready for next year unless he improves this year. I asked how, they were going to improve his skills there still haven't been an answer yet so. I'm taking matters into my own hands if they don't provide the services they said he needs on March 22nd I'm pulling him out of school and the iep system for the rest of the school year. There is no sense in keeping a child out of school for three days off and on with adhd his doctor who I really admire for going out of his way and realizing after sending copies of the sensory report finally gave us an answer not one that I'm happy with at least it is one of many. He even asked me why isn't he getting more help. Same answer because they don't care! As you can tell I'm not a happy parent right now and with him not getting the help he needs I feel he will fall behind worse than he is now. The only things that have helped him in the last couple of days is computer games and a workbook that I had bought for him for his birthday. I cannot wait until his next appointment on april 5th to figure out more of what is wrong with our ds. I did find out from a collegee of mine there seven types of add, adhd. So with that I really don't know which of the seven he has the only thing I really know is they have a hard time listening, sitting still, and following directions which and can't pay attention his attention span is so off it wasn't funny. I understand he is on meds for this reason. I hope this helps if not I can scan what I have and let you read my reports from the school
Sincerly
Summer Rose.

Confused Husband said...

This would be the one area that Summer and I disaggree on. I believe it wpould be even worse to pull him out of school for any reason. Unless we can get him into another school. It makes no sense to me to do that. In my oppinion it would set him back even more.
I think there are better ways to get our point across than to threaten pulling him mfrom school. Like a friend suggested we do. She did it for her child but her kid as autism. Not ADD/ADHD.
I noticed that even with his meds he still does not have the attention span he should. He won't even sit still long enough to watch a movie. He can't play a game because he will lose interest after a few minutes. He will put in a movie and watch it for a few minutes and leave the room and come back a few minutes later. This will go on for the length of the movie. Same with the Gameboy and Gamecube. He will play them for 10 minutes and leave the room. Come back after a few and play some more.
CH

Summer Rose said...

mattnem05
Yes he should be getting ready for next year 1/2 day kinder, I really don't know all that he does in school. I'm not there, I know he does a lot of painting, cutting and not a whole lot of writing and that's the part that they should be doing with him.

They have him signing his own name, which they should have been doing at the beginning of the school year they are now doing that with him. I feel that they should be perparing him for next fall. I will find out more at our I.E.P meeting, I wish we could afford private school for both boys it is so expensive not a lot of money to do something like that.
S.R.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I hope things are going well. I haven't been up on my blog reading lately, so I hope things are good.

Confused Husband said...

mattnem05, He is currently going to school from 8:15-12:00 MWF. During Kindy he will go the same hours just 5 days a week instead of 3. Unforunately private school is out of the question right now. As Summer said It's just to expensive. There is nothing that we can give up financially either so that we can afford it. I'll have Summer look into getting his dosage changed to see if that may help. Like I said even with his meds he won't sit through things her really enjoys.
CH

Michael said...

OK, I've posted my tag. Sorry to hear about the truck. I didn't think anyone could be plagued with more vehicle problems than me, but I was wrong.

Michael

O272 said...

I wonder the same thing, synergy. I think ADD/ADHD is way over diagnosed these days...not that it's the case here...I'm sure as hell not a doctor!

Good luck w/ that car stuff, CH!

Confused Husband said...

Synergy, I doubt that he is acting up on purpose to be home. He actually loves to be at school and is upset on the days that he is home instead of school. It's a place that he really likes to be.
I ALSO know for a fact that he can't use ADD/ADHD as an excuse to act up like this. The reason being is that Suymmer and I have not told him that he has this issue. He's only 5 so he would not understand anyways. He has always been this way. It just is starting to come out more in the last few months. Even before the meds.
I'm also in no way saying that people with ADD can't be smart people either. When I was going to college the smartest guy in the class had adult ADD. I really believe that it ios just going to be a matter of fine tuning the meds. And seeing what the other docs have to say next week.

O272, I also believe that it is way overdiagnosed. That was the reason that Summer and I fought for so long to keep him off the meds. And even though he has some of these bad days I think he has shown quite a bit of improvement. Most of this is just because if he dont get his way he throws a fit. And the fits dont stop. Untill he falls asleep or by some miracle we find something else to occupy him.
He knew that he was in trouble the other day. So he knew that he was not going to be allowed to watch TV. So he locked Summer in the garage thinking that he could watch TV while she was not in the house. He just dont get that it will get him even less TV or whatever else it is he wants.
CH