Friday, March 10, 2006

An interesting day

Let me first start off by saying that I might be rambling a little bit tonight. I have gotten over my fear of drinking alone, and found a new drink. Appletini's. I've had 4 since about 5:00. It's now 7:40. MMMM MMMMM good!

Summer had a massage to do at her work at 1 this afternoon. Oldest son got out of school early today so he had to come home to an empty house. I had Summer leave the front door open so he could get in the house when he got home. I called him to make sure he got home alright and he said he was fine and his friend Michelle (not real) was here with him. He asked me what they could do and I said play the GameCube. I then hung up the phone saying I would call and check in with him in about 45 minutes.
I called after the allotted time and got our voice mail box. That only happens when we are on the line with someone else. It was like that for 25 minutes. So I began to worry. So I told my boss that I needed to go home real quick to check on things. As I was leaving a co-worker AND my boss started joking with me say that my 11 year old son was getting his "groove" on with his 11 year old friend. They said that ole CH will be a grandad in about 9 months. I did not take that as a joke.
So as I'm driving home I have all these thoughts racing through my head. I let my mind get the best of me at times.



I walk in the door and there they are.








Laying on the living room floor together.




In all there glory......




Playing their GameCube like I told them to. So I asked why the phone wasn't working. My son said he didn't know. He didn't even know where the phone was. Apparently what happened was that since we got new cordless phone recently he didn't know how to hang it up. He thought it was hung up and it wasn't. The call timer said that it had a 56 minute phone call. So glad it was not a cell phone.

So I go back to work and they are still giving me a ration of shit. "You know that he was using that as an excuse. He was gettin busy with his girlfriend."
Well at least he has good taste. Little blonde girl. Really nice kid. Just a little to quiet. She makes me nervous. Quiet people do that to me.

While cooking dinner I told Summer about what the co-workers had to say. Then son walked in the room in the middle of the conversation. So I said well I cant say what they were saying while the kids are in the room. She just started laughing hysterically.

So here is the question to you my dear readers: Should we not leave our 11 year old son home alone with his 11 year old female friend? Just curious. My mind is still thinking about what could have happened. But then again I mean come on. They are only 11 years old.

So we finally agreed on what we will do tomorrow night. We're going out to dinner and then going bowling. It has been years since we bowled. I used to love going. But then we just stopped going. We might have to make that a new regular thing to do. She also thinks that she will beat me. We'll see.

One last comment for the day. We are actually thinking about moving out of state. Not sure if it will happen but we are talking about moving to SLC to be closer to her dad and sister. I want to go there for the cheaper housing. But I also don't want to lose my retirement and medical from my state job. (Appletini #5 and beer #2 now. :-) ) I need to stay with the state for 20 years to get full medical for life. 10 years will get me 50% medical for life. I've only got 7.5 years presently. Plus I have the potential to make more money retired than I do working if I stay here till I'm 60. God that's another 28 years though. But on the other side our kids need to know there grandfather and their Mexican heritage from him. The state is not going to give me a raise anytime soon. The "governator" wants to cut our pay by 5 % and take more money out of pocket for medical and take away 3 holidays from us. Basically the pay cut will be 5 days off per year with out pay. Hence the taking away 3 holidays. We have not received a raise for cost of living in about 10 years.
Decision decisions.

Sorry. One more thing. I'm watching the best show right now on VH1. I love Toys! OMG the memories this show is bringing back. Big Wheels! and Sho Gun Wariors. Army Men. This show is awesome.

2 comments:

O272 said...

It's illegal to leave an 11 year old home alone where I live. My oldest is almost 11... Maybe I'll move out there! ;)

Good luck w/ that Appletini hangover today, CH!

Confused Husband said...

Let me try this again. The laptop ate my last comment.
daddy's lil girl An appletini is made from one part Vodka and one part sour apple martini mix. Simple. I need to hide the mix from the kids though. Because there is no alcohol the kids think it is juice and it dissapears.
o272No hangovers here. Dont get those unless I drink Jack or Tequilla. I'm actually up early today. As far as I know there's no law against leaving him alone. Been doing it for a few months now for 15-20 minute trips to the store. This was the first time that he stayed alone more than that. Everything was fine. Michelle was hee until 7 last night when her mom came over.
I was left alone with my younger sister from the time I was 11 as well. We couldnt find a babysitter that would watch us. It worked out good for my mom as well. Most of the time I had dinner ready to eat by the time she came home. That's when I found my love of cooking.
CH