Thursday, April 05, 2007

Beautiful

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
A beautiful in the neighbor hood.
could you be my
would you be my
won't you be my neighbor


Yes my friends it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood today. The day didn't start off with the looks of being this beautiful, but by golly it sure is turning out that way now. I actually thought it was going to be a crappy day to start off with. The kids woke me up screaming and fighting this morning right after Summer went to work. It was just down hill from there. Then I checked my mail when it got here. Well let me just say I'm tickled pink now. I have this warm and fuzzie feeling inside my gut right now. I'm so far above cloud 9 I don't know what cloud I'm on. I do know I don't wanna come back down from this cloud. This cloud.*

So what can possibly make me this happy? Sex? Nope. Summer's been at work.drugs? Nope. I stopped that a long time ago. Alcohol? Nope. I have to go in to work tonight. Money? DING DING DING DING! We have a winner. Tell them what they've won Johnny. You can't tell I'm in a good mood yet can you?

A week ago we refied the house to get a lower, fixed interest rate. We were not taking money out of the equity. It was just a rate change refi. So what do I see in the mail today? A nice size refund check from the title company. Apparently there was money left over when the original loan was paid off so they sent us a check.

How great is that?! We just got an unexpected check! My thoughts are racing with things to do with the money. Get a plasma TV, get a recliner, get an entertainment center, take the family out to dinner tomorrow night, get new shoes for the entire family (any suggestions Therese?). The top of the list though for me is to get the 4 wheel drive working in my Toyota. I have been waiting to get my drive shaft for 4 years now. Do you know how much it kills me to drive on the pavement with 35" Super Swampers?

Any ways the list goes on and on about what to do. We'll have to see what Summer says when she gets home from work and finds out. She don't know yet. I left a message with the receptionist to have her call me but nothing yet. That was over an hour ago!



*Bonus points to the first person to name the song and band in which this verse is a part of.

9 comments:

amy said...

BUSH COMEDOWN :)

ArtfulDodger said...

wow, sounds like you are having a great day too!! maybe it's spreading?

Anonymous said...

I wish I somewhat had your attitude about unexpected money... I immediately thought "Extra money to put in my Roth IRA!!" How lame am I???

Congrats!! Have fun with it.

for a different kind of girl said...

Ah! I just listened to that song today and I'm here too late to give it! Dang.

You could give that money to charity, you know. The Different Kind of Girl charity is tax deductible and is for the children...or let's say, a laptop. I have designs on your money if confusion reigns in your household!

Summer Rose said...

Actually the money will be used for a since fair project, and shoes for our two growing boys. Not on a new t.v. we have one that works just fine.

And some new clothes for them as well. I know that I'm in need of shorts and I'm not saying why, just yet.
S.R.

Confused Husband said...

Oh sure. Leave it to Summer to spoil my fun. I knew I was all excitex over nothing. Once again we get money and I get nothing out of it at all. Thanks a lot dear.
CH

Therese in Heaven said...

Well, golly, I sure would've loved to help with some shoe selections, but I'm afraid they would be lacking in sensibility and practicality! You're all probably better off without my help!

Maybe there's just a little bit that could be used for fun?

Anonymous said...

"Actually the money will be used for a since fair project, and shoes for our two growing boys. Not on a new t.v. we have one that works just fine."

YES!

Good thing she's already taken! lol

I'm with Taja on the first thoughts....

Summer Rose said...

PM- I'm *Blushing*....yes it was a good call.... one that needed to be nipped in the bud. We're still looking for a t.v. entertainment ceter.
S.R.