Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm back!

Well they decided to let me come home last night. Actually it was more like they made me come home last night. It actually upset me that they sent me home. Especially since 6 hours before they sent me home they were talking about keeping me there until the 18th. So I made a HUGE mistake. Once they told me that I started to calculate how much I was going to make while away. Then I told Summer how much I was going to make and we started to make plans for a family vacation this summer. Now it's gone. I still made out pretty good though. I worked 53 hours of OT in 6 days. The first day there I worked a 17 hour shift. We had a lot more snow than I expected for spring time. Between 8 AM on Tue. & 8 PM last night we got about 18-22 inches of snow.

The trip was definitely interesting. I worked a Noon to Midnight shift. The hours sucked. There wasn't time to do anything. And I don't have a clue how people can travel for their jobs either. I didn't a decent nights sleep the whole time up there. Mainly because unless I can cuddle with Summer there is no way that I'm going to sleep. Plus being away from the kids sucked too. The food there was really good. That's the good thing about being there. The cooks really take care of the people who come up to plow snow and put up chain control. The greeted me with a smile every morning asking what I would like to have them cook for me. Then at lunch they would ask what I would like for desert after I was done eating. Top notch service.

The first night up there I got scared shitless. I never plowed snow before and I got separated from my group. I could hardly see anything in front of me. I'm not even sure if I was driving in my lane or not. All I could do was to follow the pile of snow from the plow in front of me. Luckily I80 was closed down due to a few major accidents.

So even though I wish that I could have stayed there longer it sure was nice to come home. 6 days without any lovin was WAY to long for me. So my homecoming was definitely enjoyable. ;)

I took some pics while I was gone. I'll get them posted after I load them onto the computer a little later.

4 comments:

April said...

Welcome home!!!

Confused Husband said...

april, Thanks for the welcome back!
I love the new avatar!
CH

O272 said...

Welcome back, CH! Glad you figured out how to use the plow! ;)

Confused Husband said...

O Thanks. It was actually quite fun.

beautifully human Thanks and welcome!

mr hus"bland" Working for the state every year they ask for volunteers from the bay area to go up to Truckee to plow snow for the storms. This just happened to be the year that I was lucky enough to get called up. I volunteer every year. Usually I get called up to set up chain control on I80. All that is required is to be qualified on the truck that you are driving and that you go to the snow class. So I made it.
CH