Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Stupid people

Well I was going to write about something pleasant tonight. Instead I got called to work at 5:15 to close down the highway, and just got in. I just spent the last 4 hours getting yelled at being called every name in the book because people can't go home the way they want to. Like it's MY fault that we had to close down the highway. Sorry but it wasn't my idea to have my dinner and evening interrupted. Some jackass decided to pass on the double yellow line and hit a tanker truck. Which made the tanker truck go over on his side. Spilling his fuel tanks (both holding well over 70 gallons each) into the river. Luckily he didn't spill his load as hazardous material as well. That's what we originally thought.

So let me paint you a picture. Your are at a 4 way intersection. The East to West lanes are 2 lanes each. North to South are 1 lane. Each direction has a left hand turn pocket. The south bound lane is where I am with my pickup. Orange truck with orange rotating lights. I have a sign that says "Accident Ahead" and another that says "Road Closed". I have flares burning and about 15 cones across the lane. On the turn pocket from the West lane to the South lane we have cones spaced every 20 feet for about a tenth of a mile.

Then every one and their mother asks "what's wrong? Are you guys closing for road work?" Hey idiot. Did you pass 4th grade? Can you read? The sign says ACCIDENT AHEAD. Not road work.

"Why are you telling me I cant go home. Why is the road closed!" I'm telling you that you can't go home because it brings me great joy to cause you some sort of inconvinience. The road is closed because I don't have anything better to do with my time. Like eating dinner with my wife and kids. I made that big rig roll over because I wanted you to tell me what kind of ass hole I am.

"I need to go through here! I have kids waiting for me to come home." Tough shit. I have kids waiting on me too.

Of course I don't say that to them. I'm very polite even while being called a fucking ass hole. I should actually ask them if thats the best they can do. My wife does worse than that to me on a daily basis. (Just kidding Summer!) I tell them what happened and they begin to yell at me for telling them the detour. Which is about 60 miles. Sorry folks but that's life on the delta. You have to cross bridge "X" that goes over the bay to get home. That's the ONLY way except the detour. Either sit here and wait till we open the road or take the detour.

that's the type of shit I have to deal with at work. Is it really worth the 5 bucks an hour I make?





So for the rest of my day.

I went to a Dr. apt. for myself. I have had this lump under my chin for the past 3 months now. Recently it has started to hurt like hell and get a little bigger. So I finally went in. Doc said he's not sure what it is. But he saw it as necessary enough to send me to the ENT surgery center tomorrow afternoon. Lovely.

On the plus side I got my OT check from working in the snow. YIPPEE! What sucks is how much went to taxes. 50%! What a crock of shit. I bust my ass so they can rape me with taxes. Especially when my normal checks are taxed at like 10%.


So I have something HUGE planned for the future. But it's a secret. So you will have to wait. That means YOU Summer!

Well it's time to eat a late dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....Don't cha just love how others blame you for everything!!..

cinnamon girl said...

You're shitting me.

You make 5 BUCKS AN HOUR?????

That sort of wage is illegal in my country.

Although with the exchange rate, you're making nearly 10 of our bucks an hour...

Even so. That sucks.

Confused Husband said...

mystical witch I deal with that on a constant basis.

hasarder No I wasn't serious. On the overtime thta I worked last nigfht I made 18 an hour after taxes. The 5 bucks an hour was a joke that we have at work. But sometimes it really feels that way.
CH

cinnamon girl said...

Aha, that's better.

We hear a bit about the terribly low wages in the US. Our government is saying now that our minimum wage is too high, and they've just made a law to kill almost all worker's rights. It makes us nervous.