Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pictures from my trip

Here is a picture of me and the plow truck that I was driving while there. We were on standby here for 3 hours while they were clearing some jack knifed big rigs off the mountain.


This is a picture of the "convoy" that I was in while plowing after the road opened. You can't really see the snow coming down that well in the pic but trust me. It was coming down pretty good. We plowed for pretty much the whole shift except for when the road was closed.

I took this just because this is a bad ass piece of machinery. It is a snow blower.

This is looking towards Truckee at the Yuba Gap exit on I80.

Another picture from the same off ramp.

These last 2 are just going to be of the lovely accommodations the state provides for us.



And there you have it. I'm off to have a snow ball fight with the boys. I brought home an ice chest full of snow for the kids to play with. :D

***another post below****

5 comments:

O272 said...

CH - You look like you belong on a boat, not in the snow! Ever see that show 'Deadliest Catch'? You could do that!

Confused Husband said...

o272 I love that show. Unfortunately I missed it this week. If I was about 10 years younger then maybe I woul;d try that. To dam old now though.

synergy I can't stand being in a place where I can't at least see the mountains on the horizon.
CH

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!

FTN said...

It's good to know you had the important things in your room while you were there ... like Mountain Dew and Gamecube. :-)

Confused Husband said...

daddy'd lil girlThanks for having a drink for me. I love the snow.

mystycal_witch Welcome to my blog. And thank you for the compliment.

ftn I can't go without my Dew. Unfortunately I didn't have time to play the GameCube. but nI did use the laptop for games and watched the DVD player. All very important things!
CH