Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pictures

I just took some pictures at work the other day and thought that I'd go ahead and share them here. These pictures actually have a lot of meaning to me. Simply because of the fact that I am scared of heights, and I had to climb to the top of a draw bridge to take these pictures. This is a picture of the bridge at sunset. Excuse the junk in the freground. We are replacing the bridge haouse so it is a construction zone.
Here we are atop the bridge looking east. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be up there.

Looking south we see the other bridge in the air to let a tug boat go underneath. The birdge would be the tower you see in the middle of the picture.
Here we are looking straight down. Scarey.
This is looking north towards Sacramento. If you click on the image and enlarge it you can actually see the tall buildings in the city. We are currently about 30 miles from downtown.
The following pictures are the bridge in the open position for the tug and barge to go under.





The next bridge I hope to concur is over 100 feet tall. There are some amazing views from that bridge. Then I'm hoping to concur the final bridge which is close to 200 feet tall. From that bridge I will actually be able to take a picture of my roof.

**NEW POST BELOW**

4 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

Oh wow CH, those are great pictures. The best part of it for me, being such a visual person, is now I have a real sense of place when you talk about your work and what's going on. Thank you for sharing those with us. They are beautiful. And what does that mean at the end about the 100 and 200 ft? Are those bridges you'll be working at next?

Summer Rose said...

I love the drive out to these bridges. My first time driving out there was a little freaky, on one side you've got a farmers field on the other you've got the river, neither one of these would I want to drive off of.
S.R.

Anonymous said...

Ch: Really cool photos. And I totally would not have been able to climb up for those photos, I'm not so fond of heights myself.

And, I'm answering your question here. TGIF is a pretty good place to eat. They have these fried green bean appetizers I really like. Of course, I love green beans, so maybe that's it. Anyway, yeah, they have pretty good food and it's a cool atmosphere.

Have fun on your date!!

for a different kind of girl said...

even pictures of bridges make me a bit queasy! when we drive over any, which isn't often, really, i am always sure to just keep my eyes straight ahead and not look around at all.

cripes, i don't even climb up step ladders...

beautiful views! glad someone gets to see them...and glad the only way i get to is through your pictures!