Tuesday, January 31, 2006

We're sick

Yup. Summer and I woke up with really bad sore throats this morning. I actually woke up around 1 with mine. That's about the time that she went to sleep with the youngest. He was actually doing really good the past few weeks about sleeping alone ALL night in his room alone. But we got him some meds from the Dr. on Fri. and since he started taking them he hasn't been sleeping well. He's also got a pretty bed nose thing going on but that might be a side effect from the meds. Need to talk to the doc and check with him. So anyways here I am home from work today. Summer had to go in to do a massage today because she can't take any sick days yet.

We had our taxes done the other day. Let me just say that it was a big waste of money to pay someone else to do it. I wanted to have someone do it because of buying the house and Summer's business. Well we weren't able to claim the interest paid in the house because the standard deduction was more than the interest we paid. And the business stuff was extremely easy. So I'm not sure what we will do next year. I think I'm going to buy Turbo Tax and do it myself, and if I have a problem then make an appointment to have it done.
But at least we will be getting some money in return. In about 10-15 days we should have the money directly put in the checking account. We've got the money coming and it's already spent. Nope. We're not going to Vegas. That was a come and gone idea. Instead we are going to put a timing chain in my truck. Buy Summer a Massage Chair for her business along with a laptop, and new printer. When my parents move in a few weeks we'll be buying their spare bed for the kids, and try having them in the same room on bunk beds. Not sure if we have any other major purchases planned. Just clothes for the kids and paying off the Visa. (Yes Visa come first) :)
Here's to hoping you all have a good week.

2 comments:

Confused Husband said...

Thanks for the well wishes but still not feeling well. I'm at home again today. :( I'm actually wishing I was at work. That's pretty bad for me. Hopefully I'll be back to work tomorrow.
CH

Digger Jones said...

YEAH for paying the Visa! Get that sucker paid OFF! I'm still working/sweating on mine.

Hope you feel better. Maybe this will help:

You've been TAGGED!

Erm...then again maybe it won't. It's the closest I can get to chicken soup for the blog.

D.