Tuesday, January 10, 2006

That was a short bout

Well this last round of my funk was the shortest that I ever recall having. This one left as fast as it came. Have no real clue as to why it went away as quickly this time but no complaints here!
A random question though. Since Summer is my massage Therapist and I see her on a fairly regular schedule, does that mean I can forgo going to see a shrink? I mean she already is my Therapist. Right?





Ok so I guess that won't work. So the appointment still stands for next Fri.

We took s-i-l home on Sun. afternoon. While we were down there at the god mothers house (they have the same god mother) their god mother asked Summer and I if s-i-l could come live with us. We both said no. I know this goes against what I wrote a few months ago, but things have changed since then. We are tying to raise 2 kids of our own. We don't need to try and raise a 24 year old too. She really needs to hit rock bottom before she can get the help she needs. Right now she is trying to get other people to take care of her. She keeps going from place to place, until her welcome is worn. Then she finds someone else to support her. She has not worked a job in her 24 years of life. We just don't need the extra burden right now. For the 3 weeks she was here she stayed up till 3 in the morning watching TV or using the internet. Then sleep all morning on the couch.

Well that's enough of that.

I updated my Blogroll this afternoon. Added some sights that I have been reading for some time now. And a few that I just discovered in the last 2 days. One of those sights is shadesofwoe. I just found her last night after she left me a comment. Let me tell you that when I read her Blog it scared the crap out of me. I actually asked Summer if she had started a new blog that I wasn't supposed to know about (but then why would she have commented on mine? I just realized that.) The things she had to say sounded exactly like what we went through. Except for the playing games part. When it's time to go I want to go. I HATE to be late. Off topic. Sorry. But I read that and it started something in me. I still can't believe I was such an ass to her.

So we talked about it last night before we went to bed. She read the Blog after I was done. Well that talked let some things out that weren't to good. Some times apparently Summer regrets not leaving me. She even considers it at times still. The rest of the night was spent with "I don't know" as her responses to anything I had to say. Except that she says she loves me.
So now I'm back to being Confused Husband. How can she love me if she regrets not leaving and still contemplates leaving?
But surprisingly I'm not upset about it. It hurt when she said it, but it wasn't like when she said it earlier. I can't explain it. Maybe because for some reason I still expect to come home from work to an empty house some day. I actually have dreams about it. Not often but I still have them.
I guess it all goes back to it will take a long time for her to forgive what I have done, and she will never forget. Hopefully this appointment next week will help straighten things out. I already told my boss I don't care what is going on next week. I'm not canceling another appointment for him.

So back to shades of woe. I really don't know what to tell her to do about her husband. I wish I did. What I do suggest first is that she decide what she really wants to do. If she wants to leave she needs to be firm about it and just do it. Don't dilly dally around. If she wants to work things out with him she needs to make sure he listens. How to get him to listen I'm not sure. But if she loves the man she is married to she needs to make sure he listens and listens good. As many of my readers here know I also don't believe in separations like her DH. But the fear of it is what turned me around.
I wish I had more advice to give. I'm sure I do but can't come up with any at the moment. So I'll leave this to Shades of Woe. If you would like to have any questions answered for advice or insight into his thinking feel free to e mail me. I or Summer will be more than happy to help in any way we can.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Glad you're feeling better. Tell Summer it was the nookie, but keep the appointment with the shrink. I'm going over to check out Shades of Woe.

Michael

Summer Rose said...

I hate to say this no it wasn't the 'nookie'. I had nothing to do with it. And btw I'm just the C.M.T
not the other kind that you need.;)

Confused Husband said...

i don't know S.R. I think Michael was right and it WAS the nookie that made it better.;-p I think we should make it a standing appointment.
CH

WryGirl said...

Hey guys
Thanks for the link. Wish I had some helpful tips, but when people tell me I need more 'Date Nights' with my husband I want to hit them with a pan. Like, it's a little more involved than that, shitneck. So I won't pretend to know what you should do except keep talking talking talking.