Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just some randomness

Well things with the mold are worse than I had originally thought they were. While trying to clean the walls yesterday Summer found a real bad spot on the window sill. As she was wiping it down some pieces of sheetrock started to flake off. I looked at it and found a chunk that was ready to fall off. So I pulled it off to take a look at it. There is mold in the sheetrock. Also the 2x4 under the sheetrock for the sill is wet also. So we will be calling the insurance company and see what they have to say. I found out we have a completely different company than my parents had. The thing that will hurt us is that we had this problem before we bought the house and bought it anyways. That's the end of the mold postings for awhile.

The house is a little bit upset the past 2 days. Our cat got outside the house yesterday morning. Usually she comes back after about an hour or two. Well it has been 32 hours and she still has not returned. Summer had a really hard time sleeping because her cat was not here. She kept waking up and looking out the front door calling the cat. I'd like to have the cat home but she's nothing that I'm going to lose sleep over. It wouldn't be to bad if the it weren't for the kids being almost in tears because she is gone.

Now to the Self Discovery that the title of my blog refers to. While out hunting over the weekend I had the opportunity to spend about 8 hours alone. I find that when I'm alone I get bored very easily. When I get bored I eat. So in that period of time I ate half a Costco sized bag of Ruffles and whatever else I could find. I found out that when there is no one around to talk to I get bored very easily. But on the other hand I am very picky about who I am willing to be around.
I found that I use food as a comfort zone like my mom used to. That is something that really needs to stop. I'm big enough as it is.

I just realized while looking at my dashboard that I'm almost at the 100 post mark. In fact the post that I'm writing is #93. So I've decided that in the spirit of being open and honest in this Blog I will have you ask me anything that you want to know about me. (Well almost anything. Nothing to revealing.) I will answer all these questions on my 100th post. Unless I don't have any interest from the readership then I'll think of something else to comemerate the occasion.

Less than 2 days till I see the shrink. I probably won't post anything until after the appointment.

One last thing. For the last 5-6 years we have been doing our own taxes using Turbo Tax on my parents computer. This year My parents won't be buying the program because of the sale of the house we are living in and due to my dads retirement. They want to make sure it all correct. I also don't want to buy the program myself because of Summer's business and buying the house. I want to make sure everything is done right then do it myself next year. How do you pick a good tax person? I want someone who knows all the ins and outs. Not someone who is just hired help for the season. Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

FTN said...

I've generally done my own taxes using one of the online sites. I think I've used freetaxusa or taxact online in the past. They are usually free to file federal, and cost $10-15 for state. And with it being online, you can do it in pieces, and save it. I'm no help for finding a good CPA though.

I think the reason I'd never make a good hunter is that there is no way I could sit in a tree quietly for 8 hours. I'd probably just end up shooting at random objects to keep myself occupied, which might be dangerous.

Michael said...

Sorry, I can only reiterate what FTN said. I use the online version of Turbotax and it's worked great for me so far. Honey started selling Avon this year so that may complicate things a little.

Never been hunting. All the men on my Mom's side of the family used to hunt, but by the time I was old enough to go they had quit going. It never really interested me anyway. I would get bored, so I'd have to bring a book or something, then I'd get so into the book I'd miss the perfect 10-point walking right in front of the stand.

Good luck with the mold.

Michael

April said...

I always use one of the online sites to do my taxes, too...so I'm no help there!

Good luck with the mold...we're dealing with that at the place I work as well.

WryGirl said...

Taxes: We've used a chain for the past few years, but generally I'd advise asking your in-town friends for a local referral on an accountant. If you have a lawyer, they may recommend someone. These guys travel in packs.