Saturday, January 28, 2006

Monster Jam!



so we went to Monster Jam last night. It was awesome as usual. The kids had a blast. They are already talking about next year. So are Summer and I. We're thinking that next year we might get box seats instead of the regular seating. Give us a little more room. Summer and I are actually considering going to Las Vegas with the kids in March for the world finals. If we can swing it with the tax money. We'll make a long weekend out of it if we go. Drive down on Fri. morning and watch the qualifying runs that night. Then do some site seeing on Sat. morning. I've always wanted to go to Vegas and see the strip. Then watch the main show on Sat. night. Sun. morning we do a little more site seeing and make the long drive home.


But that will all be determined on whether we get enough of a return to afford it. If we can't afford that then we are thinking of going to the Freestyle Motocross (FMX) next month and taking my sister.

Other than that not much of note to tell about. I stayed home from work on Wed. morning. Summer and I took the youngest to school and went out to breakfast. When we got home we layed town and talked for a little bit and took a short nap before youngest came home from school. We even went out to lunch that day too. All in all I think it was a good day. We talked for awhile and got some alone time without the kids. She's still a little uncomfortable being alone with me and that's understandable. I'm not expecting her to change overnight. I just wish it would move along in more noticeable forms. It's like I'm seeing to different people with her. Between what she says and does around me and what she says to others. But it's still moving in the right direction. At least that's my opinion.

I'm actually looking forward to my next session with the Dr. I'm hoping this one will go a little better than the last. Not saying that the last was wrong. I'm also hoping that the time doesn't go by so fast this time. The hour just flew by last week. I really need to start on the assignment that he gave me to do. I've actually started it but it seems that I have writers block whenever I try to write it down. Which is weird considering that I'm writing fine here.

5 comments:

Digger Jones said...

I was wondering who the spender was in your family, and now I think I know!LOL! I used to blow my tax return, too. Not happening this year. Or at least in the same way.

Buckle down and do your assignment! If the good Dr. says to write, by God, you'd better be putting fingers to keys or pencil to paper! It's good that things are bending in a good direction with you and Summer. But this is a fight that will take every single resource that you have! I'm really wishing you the best of luck in this. I sense a lot of goodness in you both, but Summer's strength and endurance is very fragile and thin. So much is going to fall on your shoulders, I'm afraid.

Keep the faith!

D.

Confused Husband said...

Thanks for the well wishes Digger. I really don't see going to Vegas blowing opur return. Especially if it something that we do with the kids. Anything that we do that involves doing something as a family is not a waste of money. (I know thats noy what you were implying). But yes I can be the big spender at times. At others Summer takes the big spender title. When it copmes to taxes though we are both big spenders. This year I just want to do something that the whole family will enjoy. We actually have a few options that we have considered for this year. Vegas probably won't happen. Just something that we are throwing around. Summer is actually the one that brought up the idea of going.
Some other tax money ideas for the family to enjoy: a pool from Sam's Club. It's 18 feet circle and 42 inches deep.
A canoe.
Season passes to 6 flags Marine World. By the time you add up gas and food and parking for Marine World it will cost the same as Vegas, and not be as memorable in my opinion.
A trampaline. The kids have been wanting one for a while now. But we don't have room for that and the pool so they want the pool instead.

I'm doing the writings like the doc said. It just comes hardr to me than the writings I do here. While I'm at work driving I can think of all kinds of things that he wants me to write down but I cant write because I'm driving. When I actually sit down to write I go blank. I'm thinking about getting a PDA with the tax money also. :)
CH

O272 said...

Great pics, CH! Glad you guys had a good time! :)

Michael said...

It sounds like the Monster Truck money was well spent. Glad you guys had a good time.

When doing your writing assignment try the Nike principle -- JUST DO IT! Don't worry about trying to make it make sense, at least not at first. Just sit and start writing whatever you're thinking. That's the best way I know to get through writer's block. After the words start flowing more coherently you can go back and re-read the first part. Sometimes you keep it and just fix the punctuation, sometimes you throw it out all together.

Good Luck,
Michael

April said...

very glad that y'all had a good time!

and wishing you good luck with your next session!