Tuesday, January 24, 2006

AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That's me pulling out my hair.

Just to forewarn you this is going to be a bitch session.
So here's the thing. As you've gathered from my previous postings money is tight around the Confused household. But we have always managed to get by. We started the week off with 30 bucks to last the rest of the pay period. By this morning we were overdrawn in the checking due to 2 empty gas tanks and a lack of milk and other necessities. Then salvation came in the form of an OT check with 20 hours on it for the work done over New Years weekend. So we now have some extra money that I had been waiting for. Here's the problem. Every year for the last 5 years I have taken our oldest to see the Monster Trucks. Last year the whole family went. So they are back in town this weekend. Naturally the kids and I want to go back this year. We have the money to go. I busted my ass for 20 hours extra to get this money. Now she's saying that we can't go because we can't afford it. Instead we need to get haircuts for the boys. Now I know they need haircuts. But I don't work weekends and holidays or any overtime for haircuts. I work the overtime so we can do enjoyable things. I don't enjoy haircuts. I work Mon. through Fri. for haircuts and other stuff like that. Especially since any massage money that she makes outside of her paycheck job is hers to spend the way she pleases. I'd like to spend my extra income the way that I please. It's always been the double standard when it comes to stuff like that. If she used to get a bonus from the grocery store it was hers to do with as she pleased. I work overtime, or get some extra money somewhere it goes into the household income. ie- groceries, gas, bills.

Now she's saying"I said we could go. It was up to you." Well truth is she never said that. I've gotten nothing but attitude about it all night. She just gives me non answers. i.e.- I don't know, or do what you want.

Well I'm done bitching now. I'm going to go try to salvage whets left of the night. This post may even be deleted in a day or 2.

5 comments:

O272 said...

CH - The kids will remember your trips to see the trucks. They won't remember that time they had to wait an extra week or two to get a haircut. My thoughts, anyway.

Hope you can figure something out!

Michael said...

Hey, thanks for the tip about my blog; it's fixed now.

I agree with o272, 10 years from now the Truck Rally will mean more to the kids, and to you, than getting a haircut. Now when the boys are teenagers that may be a different story, but for now you need to enjoy the fun stuff.

As for the double standard--this is going to sound sexist but--that's just part of being the man of the house. I have either taken call or worked overtime 10-20 hours every week for 10 years now, but I haven't played golf in 3 years. If there ever is extra money it usually goes to new clothes for the kids or for Honey to get her hair done or something like that.

It sound like I'm complaining, but I'm really not. I've just always considered that part of the job, so to speak.

Michael

WryGirl said...

Where's the Flowbee when you need it?

I agree with o272. Who doesn't love TRUCKS at the COLLISIUM this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Well it just sounds like you're all wound up pretty tight and need some tire-stompin' fun anyway.

Confused Husband said...

Well we talked about it today over breakfast. (I stayed home from work) We are going to see the TRUCKS at ARCO this FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! The whole family is going to go. If I bring my camera this year I'll post some pics. I think it ws the kids wanting to go that got to her more than me though. Thats all they've been talking about since the first commercial aired last month.

Michael, I understand that this is part of being the man of the house. I do it all the time. But there are just times when I feel that I should get a little something more out of my overtime than being pushed into a higher tax bracket. That check was taxed at 45%.

Thanks everyone!
CH
P.S. wrygirl what exactly is a Flowbee?

April said...

I'm glad y'all are going to see the monster trucks...