Monday, February 26, 2007

Interesting weekend

Well it was an interesting weekend. Actually a pretty good one. Besides the sex we had Fri. night and Sat. morning. Fri was my dads 61st birthday. So we went over there for dinner and cake. But as Summer has said her truck has been in the shop. So that meant we had no transportation to get over there. To my surprise my dad called and said that he and my mom would come over and drop off his F350 and leave it with us for the weekend. I was stoked. I LOVE his truck. 4 door crew cab, power stroke engine, this truck is just reeking of testosterone. :D So that was a good part of Fri. Then at my parents house my dad brought out a bottle of something he bought while in Mexico a few weeks ago. I thought that it was tequila. Nope I was wrong. It was something called mescal or something like that. Whatever it was I was a little apprehensive about drinking it at first. I was supposed to be driving my dads truck home. He said that Summer is capable of driving and gave me a shot. WOW! That was gooood. 1 shot, 3 beers and I was feelin' pretty good the rest of the night.

After dinner we had a cake for my dad and my mom thought it would be fun to put 61 candles on it. Talk about a blaze. :D Then she even got about a dozen of the candles that re lit. The youngest thought that was the greatest thing since sliced bred. After that my dad brought out the slide projector and we watched slides of my parents wedding day. It was pretty cool until the slides appeared of my cousin that was the ring bearer at their wedding. Those slides got fast forwarded through.

Sat. was the day to put the new closet organizer in youngest closet. I took everything out of the closet, took all the old shelves down, and found out the new one won't work. So that meant a drive to Lowes about 40 minutes away to buy a new one. Which they didn't have. So we had to buy separate pieces to make one of our own. It worked though. He is SO happy about his new closet. He is able to hang up his own clothes now. So when I did the laundry Sat. he wanted us to watch him hang up all of his clothes. He was so proud of himself. I also got 4 hours of overtime on Sat. as well.

Sun. I got another 4 hours of overtime as well so I was unable to make it to church with Summer. She also got to drive my dads truck again. For some reason she's not to thrilled with driving it. I suppose that it just has to much testosterone for her to handle. :-D

Lastly I am such a good cook! Oh MY GOD! I cooked something new last night and it was wonderful. I took a pork loin roast that had 2 pieces tied on top of each other. Then I cut the string and separated the two pieces. Placed new string on a cutting board and placed 4 pieces of bacon over the string. Next I placed a loin half over the bacon. Then spread some raspberry preserves on top of the meat. Place the other half of the loin on top of the preserves, put on another 4 slices of bacon, and use the string to tie the loins back together. Oh I forgot something. I soaked some hickory chips in water for two hours before I started to cook. When I lit the gas grill (wanted to use charcoal but it was wet due to the rain) I put the soaked chips in a tin cup over the flames to get some smoke going. When the grill was good and smokey I placed the loin on the grill with a drip pan under it to keep the bacon grease from catching on fire and burning the meat. Let me tell you that the smells coming from the yard every time I went out there was just amazing.

I AM the grill master.

10 comments:

FindingHeart said...

Mescal is a tequilia. I think Texas was pushing a law that required anyone coming back across the border had to bring at least one bottle back. Good stuff, but not usually the smoothest of tequilias. Just image how much that F350 could bring back home. heh heh.

for a different kind of girl said...

As my children's closets fall in on me when I open them (seriously? who honestly needs all these action figures and clothes?!) I'm now wondering if you hire out on the cheap (and of course, travel for free!) to get their closests in order?! I'll defrost a pork roast (for you to cook, I suppose!) as compensation!

Sounds like you had a pretty pleasant weekend!

ArtfulDodger said...

All Hail the Grill Master! Although I will give you a run on that title my friend. Sounds like a wonderful weekend and good to hear the transport problem got resolved.

Cinnamon said...

Oh, that sounds absolutely delicious. I have to remember that for this spring once it's warm enough here to start grilling again.

FTN said...

We bow to your mad cooking skillz. All that food sounds great to me, but I'm married to someone that eats no red meat whatsoever. Which means we never cook those kinds of meals. Boo hoo.

I also spend half my day on Saturday in Lowes. Walking around aimlessly with my daughter. Not finding ANYTHING I was looking for. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm sounds delicious.

Kitty said...

I'm going to have tiger try this and smoke on our smoker. That sounds delicious.

By the way, have you got around to reading The Five Love Languages yet. It's a great book/tool. It helped me a lot. It's fast reading also.

Therese in Heaven said...

My parents always want to watch slides on days like their anniversary. Recently, they put them in DVD's so there isn't any messing with the old projector anymore. But its fun to see how they were when they were young.

ArtfulDodger said...

hey, CH has a VodPod now, very cool dude, welcome to the club!

April said...

sounds like a great time! happy birthday to your day...:)