Thursday, February 01, 2007

What a day!

Well today was interesting to say the least. after getting the kids ready for school I got the privilege of giving Summer a sponge bath. :-D Not the easiest when she still has to wear her bra, but we made do. Afterwards we went over a few things needed from the store. So while I was at the store Summer called the store and had them page me over the intercom. She tells me on the phone that the doctors office called and that they wanted to see her as soon as we could get there.

When I got home she said that she was to see a specific nurse and they would have a bed waiting for her and she would be admitting her. Well to me that sounded like they were going to re-admit her to the hospital because they found some problems with the lab results 9they sent the tissue removed to the lab for testing). I immediately panicked and feared the worst. Several of my readers can attest to that. Sorry guys.

So we get to the hospital and they have a room waiting for us. They were expecting us as they said on the phone. But they were not admitting her, they were registering her for the visit. About 45 minutes before they called she had taken some of her pain meds and was felling a little loopy. Hence the misunderstanding.

The visit was because the doctor had given SR's nurses specific instructions to give us when we left the hospital. First of all they were supposed to give her a special bra to wear while she was still enlarged from the swelling. They never gave it to her. They were also supposed to tell us to NOT change her dressings until we saw him again on Mon. Instead they told me to change her dressing daily. He found out about the mix up and wanted to set things straight. That was the reason for the visit.

So we got the proper bra. He re-dressed the surgery area. And I got to get the first look at her new tatas. Even with the swelling there is a huge difference. I can't wait till the healing is over. It'll be like opening a new present on Christmas morning. :D I'm so excited.

The rest of the day was spent taking care of her and helping her around the house. Doing laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, bathing kids.

so that was my day. Accomplished nothing I wanted to get done. My garage is still a mess. My hunting gear is still all over the place. And Summer's truck is still filthy.

Here's to a better day tomorrow.


Therese in Heaven said...

Thank heavens it wasn't what you had thought.

You didn't accomplish what you wanted to, but obviously were still doing things that were important, under the circumstances.

Summer Rose said...

I have to agree with you Therese, this hasn't been easy for both of us. The meds have made me very sleepy during the day, yesterday was just one of those loopy days. I'm very bursed on both sides. I couldn't look at what my doc had done with his handy work, I'm sure the results will be better than the pain.

ArtfulDodger said...

I think we'll let you slide today CH, given what all you both have on your plate right now and how (although blessedly brief) traumatic yesterday was. Thank goodness it all went well and Summer is getting better, just being there and taking good care of her is all she needs right now. The rest will get done eventually.