Monday, January 08, 2007

Wonderful weekend

Howdy all! Isn't today a great day? The birds are signing, the skies are clear. It's just a great, wonderful day.

Why you ask?

I'll tell you!

First of all I left the house on Fri. night to go duck hunting for the weekend. more importantly though Summer's sister was gone when I came home yesterday! :D My house is now back to normal. I can walk around in my boxers again after the kids go to bed. I don't have to come into the living room to find some lame ass show on my television (insert some stupid model contest show, and anything on MTV). I can sit in my living room with no television on and enjoy the silence. just me and my computer screen. I can now read blogs and post when I want to without someone looking at the screen to see what I'm doing. I can IM with people without being questioned for it.*

It's just a great feeling.

So before I go into detail about how the hunting was let me answer a question from Rob on my last post.

If SR's sis is such a total nutbar at times, driving you completely bonkers, then why do you have her staying at your home? Is this your new year's resolution to address self abuse? (evil grin)



No rob this is not my resolution. I don't make resolutions. The reason we have her stay here during holiday times of the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter) is because she is free babysitting. Summer and I work whether school is in or not. The kids get 3 weeks for Christmas, and 1 each for Easter and Thanksgiving. She don't have a job so that isn't an issue for her to come over. Summer gets to spend time with her sister. Even though she drives her nuts she is still family and Summer can't stand to have her alone during family gathering times of the year. Besides she only drives us batty after she has been here for awhile. She does love the kids and for the most part does a good job with them. I mainly just don't like house guests for extended stays. That's why we have put our foot down on the subject of her coming to live with us. We made that mistake with my sister and we're not making it again.

So on to the hunting.




My uncle and I hunted together on Sat. morning. It was a really good day. Cold, foggy,slight breeze. It was cold enough to actually have a very thin layer of ice over the pond till about 10:30-11:00. We had birds around almost the whole day. They worked the call good, but wouldn't commit to actually land. But they did come in pretty close quite a few times. I just couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at all. I got 1 little teal for almost an entire box of shells. I'm very embarrassed to type that. It was a good day hunting anyways so I'm not going to dwell on my bad aim.

















Sun. I hunted the same refuge with my cousin. We fared a little better on the shooting averages. But there weren't nearly the amount of birds in the air as Sat. My cousin shot 3 teal and I got 1. But my shell to bird ratio was a lot better. 1-6 for Sun. compared to 1-18 the previous day. We stayed in the blind until about 1 but could have left at 8. We didn't see a single workable birds after the initial morning flight. No fog, and it wasn't nearly as cold as Sat.


The best part of the day was I got home in the evening to find a completely empty house. No one was home. I was able to unload my gear get it cleaned and take a long shower. Trust me when I say that shower was greatly necessary. Especially after 2 days of hunting. I was pretty ripe.

In other great news Summer received an email over the weekend saying that her laptop has been shipped back from the manufacturer. We will once again be allowed to post at will without competing for the internet. I'm expecting it to be here Thu. or Fri. at the latest. I can't wait.

There's other things I want to relate to you all but it just don't fit into this post so I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

*Yes Summer knows that I IM with people over the net. Both male and female. We are both secure enough in our relationship now that it isn't a problem. I really have a hard time talking to people IRL so the net makes it a lot easier for me. Besides it's cool to see how people do things in different parts of the country. I just have a hard time remembering the time difference. I guess there is one down side to being on the west coast. Everyone else is in bed when I'm available to chat.

6 comments:

O272 said...

What does your SIL charge for this babysitting service? I could use some vacation time!

Nice duck pics! Is the dog alive?

Therese in Heaven said...

RS's brother lived with us for a while. I don't think I'll EVER do that again.

As a side note, Blogger's been a pain in the pants today.

Therese in Heaven said...

Oh, and by lame ass show, do you mean something like, say, Dr. Phil? ;)

Summer Rose said...

ROFLaughing at O's comment...yes the dog is real. And a sweet one at that, I haven't met a dog that has a mean side to them.

As for my sister charging for babysitting I'm not sure. I haven't charged her yet.
S.R.

Confused Husband said...

o Trust me when I say that you don't want her to babysit your team. :D

Therese Family is good and all but not live in family.

No I don't mean shows like Dr. Phil. I have no clue what kind of shows she was watching. Something about people wanting the perfect body or something like that on MTV. Then some show about a bunch of girls trying to be models on a show that eliminated them.

I'm totally addicted to Dr. Phil now. I watch him at least once a day.

SR My lovely wife. Why haven't we charged her to babysit the kids again? Refresh my memory. If we can make money by haveing her babysit then maybe she should move in. :D

Love you!
CH

ArtfulDodger said...

I always found the act of hunting, being outdoors, being with friends, more enjoyable than how well I did. Sounds like you had a great weekend.