Monday, January 01, 2007

2007!

It's the beginning of a new year.

So what did Summer and I do to ring in the new year last night? Absolutely nothing. We watched a few movies with the kids and S-I-L, had a drink that I didn't finish, and went to bed around 11:45. Yup. SR and I are major party animals. We couldn't make it to midnight. I started reading a little bit before I fell asleep. Luckily someone down the street set off some fireworks a little after midnight so I was able to wake up and kiss Summer and say happy new year.

That was it. No resolutions (I don't believe in them). No rowdy parties. Nothing. I'm actually surprised that we stayed up that late.

So who really knows what the new year will bring? I for one haven't got the slightest clue. I DO know what it won't be bringing though. It won't be bringing me the promotion I was hoping for. I got a notice from the state a few days ago. It said that the entire test was going to be thrown out. AFTER they mailed out the results and rankings. So now I need to take another test sometime in June. So the promotion will need to wait another year at least.

Not everything on the work front is bad news though. I did get a 5% raise effective today. :D

I also found a little way of making a few extra bucks on the side. I've got a few coworkers that would like me to do their taxes for them. I'm getting the turbo tax program this year and do my own. Why should I pay someone $250 to do them for me when I can do them myself for the price of a program. My coworkers feel the same way. But they are to afraid of the computer to do them. So they said they would pay me $50 a piece to do them for them. So I've got enough people wanting them done to pay for the program. That's not including doing them for my parents, sister, and grandma. But those are for free. I highly recommend that if you are tired of paying big bucks to tax people that you go buy this for yourself. I've used Turbo Tax for 6 years. Then last year we went to a tax company to have them done for us due to Summer's business and buying the house. You know what? He used the same dam program! And he charged us a little over $250 to do it. What a waste of money.

Well it's time to go now. I'm just doing this because someone told me that I needed to post. Even though that someone deleted her blog by "screwing" around. I'm sure you know who you are. Don't you someone. :D

On a topic completely out of left field, did you know that Summer's sister is a total freak? She seems to think that a threesome is the cure to every couples problems. FREAK!

6 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

Sounds like you both look at New years the way I do, but at least you were together for it, I'm hoping that next year Lady L and I will be able to do nothing together for New Years!! :)

Sorry to hear about the promotion, but at least the raise helps some.

Happy New Year guys!

Therese in Heaven said...

RS was promoted a year ago and they STILL haven't started paying him at the higher level. He's been working more, with more responsibilities and more people working for him, and is still being paid what he was a year ago. What's the point of a promotion if they pay you the same and you just have to work harder? It's unethical.

Emily said...

Is this the same sister who thought that young C's behaviour issues would be solved by hitting him more?

Hmmm... more hitting of children who have disabilities, more threesomes for the adults. Hard to argue with those recommendations for happy and stable family life! :-)

Summer Rose said...

Yes Emily, the one and the same. With her around I don't know if I'm coming or goin.
S.R.

Rob said...

If SR's sis is such a total nutbar at times, driving you completely bonkers, then why do you have her staying at your home? Is this your new year's resolution to address self abuse? (evil grin)

O272 said...

Hey, Turbo, wanna do my taxes? And *somebody* is due to post again, dontcha think? ;)