Friday, January 26, 2007

Hello all. As my lovely wife told you yesterday I am extremely sick. I'm going to spare you all the gory details though. I will just say that I got to the ER at 1:00PM yesterday and didn't leave until after 3 in the morning. I had a temp of 102, erratic heartbeat, and dehydrated don't begin to describe how dry I was. They had to give me 5 IVs. It was not a pleasant way to spend the day. Do any of you know how uncomfortable ER beds are when you are in them for over 12 hours?

Today hasn't been much better either. I'm not dehydrated anymore. But I'm still in bed. Haven't gotten out of bed since I got home at 4 AM. My entire body aches. I'm sweating like mad. I'm STARVING! The last real meal I ate was dinner on Wed. night. Had nothing to eat at all yesterday, and only 4 pieces of toast today. I'm amazed at how much I have been sleeping the last 2 days.

Well that's enough for now. Time to rest up some more.

11 comments:

DH said...

Damn, CH...I sure hope you start feeling better soon!

Rob said...

Hope you're feeling well soon, dude. Do they know what's wrong with you and what caused it?

Confused Husband said...

dh Thanks. Feling a little better this morning.

Rob They said that it is just a very bad stomach virus. While I was there they 5 other people come in my section alone with the same symptoms. They have had a lot of people coming to the ER with the exact same problem for the last month. Just a bad stomach virus. I was just the lucky one to have the worst case so far.
CH

O272 said...

I told you not to eat that duck! ;)

Feel better!

Therese in Heaven said...

It sure stinks to be sick. Get well soon!

Recovering Soul said...

Therese keeps telling me if I am well enough to blog I am well enough to do housework. Dang it!

Hope you are feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

Stomach Flu, eh?

Get better soon buddy.

Emily said...

Thinking of you - hope you're better soon!

Trueself said...

CH, I hope you're feeling better by now. That sounds like some nasty virus!

ArtfulDodger said...

How did I miss this? Good grief my friend, hope you are feeling better today! Hang in there and get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Get better soon Ch!