Thursday, September 14, 2006

A little better now

***2 NEW POSTS BELOW***

Well I seem to be doing a little better now than I was earlier. You know I think that this medication thing is now becoming apparent to me in a huge way. I found that as I drove to my parents house I was no longer pissed anymore. I wasn't really pissed anymore after I was about halfway through the first post I wrote today. The anger just kind of went away. I'm still upset about it but not like I was initially. Something to ponder.

So I went to my parents and talked to my mom about the situation. She is going to watch youngest on Mon. while Summer is at work. Then she will be attending the IEP meeting with us. This way she will be able to ask the questions that she wants to have answered, be able to see what we are dealing with to better understand, and to help us out for support. The thing is that when I told SR about my mom attending the meeting she got upset at me about asking my mom to come. We'll have to see what that's all about later though.

I talked to youngest's therapist today as well. We have an appointment with a new psychiatrist tomorrow afternoon. His old one is out and may not return. The therapist also wants to get us in the office as soon as possible to see him. Thing is he don't have any openings till Oct. 30. But her wants us there within the next 2 weeks so he has us on the top of his list in case of a cancellation.

Other than that I think that I have said everything there is to say in the previous posts. The school is going to contact the county. He's not allowed to go back to that school. Everyone that we have talked to including Melissa has said that it is the schools job to find a new school asap for him. And it is their responsibility to bus him to and from that school when it is found. Best case scenario he will go to a special school that has experience in dealing with children with his problems. And hopefully along the way Summer and I can find someone that will be able to help us out as well. We're completely lost when it comes to handling our son. We both feel that we have failed as parents. That's the worst part.

3 comments:

O272 said...

I normally wouldn't want my MIL sticking her nose in my business either, but - at this point - you guys should take all the help you can get!

Lots of luck to you!

Rob said...

The important thing CH (AND SR) is that you don't give up on your kids, NOR on yourselves through all of this. It may turn out that getting this new psychiatrist for your boy will be a blessing in disguise. Time will tell and for now all you guys can do is to keep your chins up and take one day at a time. We're all here for you.

Cat said...

I have been at the IEP meeting and/or the school pissed, many times. They try to suspend my autistic son all the time even though they know what his reaction will be when they change his schedule. The best advice I can give is to not give into the belief that you have failed as parents.