Thursday, September 14, 2006

Furious!

That doesn't even begin to explain how I am feeling right now. I'm so fucking pissed off. And don't go telling how it's better to be pissed off than pissed on. I'm so pissed at myself, youngest son, the school, the doctors. Everyone. There is'nt anyone safe from me right now. I'm so enraged at the moment I'm going to my parents house soon just to try and calm down.

Why am I like this? I'll tell you why. Yesterday Summer calls me up and says that she had to pick youngest up from school early. She's very upset so I had to come home from work myself at 11 in the morning. She says that he is being kicked out of school for a few days. After I get here and she has composed herself she goes to the school to talk to his resource teacher. She is also a friend of hers at church. I'll call her.....Melissa cause I love that name. So SR talks to Mellisa and she is saying that the Ocuupational Therapist (OT) was antagonizing him into what happened. Oh yeah forgot why he got sent home. He kicked his OT. She was having issues with himm and instead of sending him to Melissa like she was supposed to she was doing what she wasnt supposed to do. So SR got and Melissa got him back in school for today. While sR was down there Melissa went over some test results that he was given last year. She says that he is showing severe signs of ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). She said that we will talk mmore about it on Mon. IEP meeting.

Today SR gets a call from the school again saying that she needs to pick him up now. She goes there to find that he did the same thing again. kicked his teacher. So their decision now is to kick him out of the school perminantly! They said that we need to find him a new school to attend. They are also going to be contacting the county to see if there is anything they can do. Whatever that means.

So now we have an appointment with a new psycologist tomorrow afternoon. His original one is out on medical leave and may not return. Then we have an IEP meeting to go to on Mon. with the school that kicked him out.

My mom just called. She's home now so I'm leaving. Will post more tonight. Maybe. But that is why I'm so pissed at the moment.

2 comments:

cinnamon girl said...

That sucks!
I wish I had something useful to say. But I don't. I just hope it all works out for you.

Desmond Jones said...

CH, I have no idea - no advice, no wisdom. I DO have some understanding of how it is to have a kid who is perceived as 'bad', and how maddening it is to deal with people who say they want to help until it gets to the hard parts. Hang in there, man. . .