Sunday, July 23, 2006

Thanks!

First off I'd like to thank all of those that commented on my last post. I'm not going to change the way that I do things on the weekend. If I feel like having a beer then I'm going to have one. Like Michael wrote in his comment "By definition a person with a drinking problem is a person that is letting their drinking take control of them. They are letting the drinking get in the way of their family and career." I have NO intentions of letting a few beers get in the way of my job or family. SR and my kids mean to much to me.

I'm also not going to talk to SR about the phone book issue for now. Like many have said they have numbers in their phones that they don't call anymore. So maybe that is the case about what is going on here. Although I did delete the number from the phone myself last year. But I'm going to let this one go for now. I am hoping that she will take it upon herself to come and talk to me about it. I haven't heard a thing from her about it. There's actually few things that we say that we will talk about but never do. It's always been that way though. We always put things off and sweep them under the carpet. It's the story of our marriage. If it's a topic that she don't feel comfortable with it ends up getting put off until it gets forgotten about. That's one of the major things that I want to work out at the moment with her. When we have an issue together we deal with it at that moment. Not say that we will deal with it after we sleep or whatever the excuse will be at the time. It may mean losing a little sleep one night but that is better than letting it just sit there in the pit of my stomach eating away at me.

On to something a little on the upbeat side. First off I am no longer going to be having the problems with my annoying coworker. Apparently when I took off work last Fri. another coworker talked to the annoying one. She said that I don't really like all the honey, sweetie, I love you crap. Sop when I came in on Mon. the annoying one come to me and talked it over with me. Long story short she apologized to me for saying those things to me when I was uncomfortable, I apologized to her for not telling her myself sooner. Things are much better now.

The best news is that my mom retired! I took this Fri. off so that I could go to her retirement luncheon. It was nice. Had to sit around with 60 other people that I didn't know. So my sister and I just sat next to each other and made fun of the other people that we were watching. So that was fun. My mom is now ready to start her new career as a Mary Kay saleswoman. And baby sitter. ;-) Of course she will have to do her career in between all the travleing that my parents are going to be doing now. It sure must be nice to be retired. They go to Alaska next month on a 12 day cruise, then in Oct. they are going on a 14 day Mediterranean cruise, after they get off the boat from there they spend an extra 7 days in Madrid. Then they just book a trip to Acapulco for Feb. which will be a 7 day golf resort trip. It includes 14 rounds of golf per person, hotel room for a week, air fare, all meals, open bar for 7 days, all for $1400 each. Fro an extra $20 for the week it includes a golf cart. I truly wish that we could afford to go on a trip like that. Even though I think golf is as boring as watching grass grow. It would still be a nice trip.

I also talked to my sister about planning a trip to Hawaii. In Jan. 2008 she will be celebrating her 5 year anniversary of being sober. To celebrate she is wanting to go on a trip to Hawaii with my parents, SR, the kids and myself. We were talking about renting a condo for 7 days during Christmas break for the kids. Plus since we have 18 months to go it makes it easier to try and save the money to go. But is Hawaii an ok place to visit in Jan.? Is the weather going to be decent enough to take the kids swimming in the ocean? We were thinking of going to one of the smaller islands out there.

Outside of that I have just been working my ass off for overtime this week. Between Mon. Until today Sun. I have worked 27.5 hours. That includes 10 hours on Sat. and 8 hours today. In fact I'm at work right now typing this. It just won't be published until I get home tonight. No internet connection at work. And all the wireless internet routers that I am receiving on the laptop require passwords. So I'm being an honest person today.

Mentioning routers I have a technical question to ask you. Seeing as we have a wireless router at home so that we can use the internet on both computers, is there a way to use that router so that we can connect the laptop to the printer? Right now the printer is connected to the home computer. So if we are working on something that needs to be printed, we need to use the desk top. Which means switching computers, or emailing the file from the lap top to ourselves so that we can print it on the desk top. It's a pain in the ass. I just need to know how to hook the two computers together so that they will share the printer. Is that possible?

The heat here has just been unbearable this week. We're setting records here. Yesterday was the worst. It got to be over 108. So we had my parents and grandma over for a BBQ and some swimming. Ended up staying in the pool till almost 10:30 last night. I tell you that is some of the best money I have ever spent. On the subject of the pool I'm thinking of doing the previously mentioned pool party next Sat. night. Unless something comes up. May need to put it off till the following Sat. I'm scheduled to work night shift starting next weekend for a few nights. We're finally doing some paving jobs at night. Can't wait either. I love to work nights. Plus it gives me a 4 day weekend next weekend without using any vacation. So on second thought we'll do the pool party on Aug. 5th. The only thing to figure out will be the time. Seeing as we live on the correct coast all the others will have to stay up late to participate. :-)~

5 comments:

The girl-next-door said...

I think you can buy a print card for the laptop to make the signal carry to the printer. I'm sorry to say, but last year when I bought my laptop I was too busy picking out software to listen as the salesman was talking about it. It has to be possible though...convenience sells.

Rob said...

CH, have you tried Google for that laptop - printer information or called a computer store to ask their opinion? If it's possible and they want to make a sale then they should be able to tell you for sure if it's feasible or not.

O272 said...

How do you have a pool party online?

ArtfulDodger said...

If your laptop has bluetooth it is very easy to do, all it takes is a small device on the printer that plugs into a firewire or USB port. And your laptop and printer can talk to each other over a small Bluetooth network. It is pretty cool, I use it at home myself. Some of the newer printers come with Bluetooth or other wireless networking already built in. If your laptop is an older one, you can get a bluetooth card to make it compatible.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

Hawaii in January is great. You really cannot go wrong planning a trip to Hawaii, you just have to always have a plan for how you will spend time when it decides to rain on you and it will. I work for a vacation rental company, I won't leave the URL, cause I am not here to spam your blog, but if you do need some assistance in that area, just leave a note here.

Best of luck on your 2008 family vacation it sounds like an extremely worthy reason to go.