Tuesday, July 11, 2006

As promised below good news!

So as I told you in my last post (it's new btw) I'm going to post about some good news.

So here it is. While at work yesterday we got word from our union that they have reached an agreement with the state. Finally. We have been without a contract for over a year. The new deal for or division of state employment is that:
1)All CEOII's (that's me) and lead-workers will receive a 5% raise.

2)All state employees in my division will receive a 3.5% pay raise. That's a total 8.5% for me. First raise in over 4 years.

3)We will receive a 2-4% pay increase on Jan. 1 depending on cost of living increase.

4)We will receive a $1000.00 signing bonus that will be taxed at 45%.

5)The state will cover 80% of our medical benefits. AND they will cover the extra $100.00 a month that we have been paying out of pocket.

6)Don't really matter to me because it only involves new hires. Anyone that begins working for the state from now on will need to wait 2 years before getting medical benefits. They will also have to get a little worse deal on retirement than I do.

So there you have it. I have been so happy about this news. Unfortunately SR is to worried about her bro to notice it much. This will be a huge help to us. The only thing we need to wait on now is the state workers to vote on it. Or so I understand it.

The last bit of good news I have is that in celebration of the new pool I am thinking about having a Blogger pool warming party. I just need to clear it with my lovely wife first. We will be having drinks, beer, BBQ, swimming, a pool table, and any other games that you all wish to bring. I'll even make sure to have the kids at my parents for the night. ;-) I'll get back to you with details as we get them made up.

7 comments:

Rob said...

"I am thinking about having a Blogger pool warming party."

But CH, what happens if I don't know how to swim? Is Summer going to still try and dunk me in the deep end? :-)

Yes dude, congrats on your good news there.

Confused Husband said...

DLG Thank you! It's been six LLOOOONNGGGG years since we have received anything.

Rob But of course SR will try to dunk you. She's just mean that way.
But if your afrad of deep watr I'll be more than happy to buy a little kiddy pool just for you. :D Let's see..... about 6 inches should be good for you right? Don't ask me to convert that to metric.
CH

O272 said...

Hope it comes through for you, CH!

ArtfulDodger said...

Wow dude, so much in these last two posts! Congrats on the agreement and the increases, I'm sure that will come in very handy. And for everything else, sounds like real progress! Chin up and keep going.

Saranonymous said...

Fantastic news!

Michael said...

Great news! I really hope it comes through for you.

So what can I bring to the pool party????

Jay said...

New reader here- Followed you from FTN.

Congrats on the raise. You guys deserve it. (I'm in BU9 and we've been very lucky the last couple years)

I know how the supervisor differential is an issue- As of last year I was only 5% over the guys I supervise- and they get OT while I dont.

Jay