Wednesday, July 05, 2006



Thanks for all the input on my dilemma with my family in my last post. The day went really well. My cousins wife felt a little awkward, but she still had a good time. From what I can tell I'm the only one that they have told about the reason for the divorce except my aunt and uncle. They were at our house for about 3 hours and we just talked as usual. The kids swam in the pool and then went to the garage to play with the pool table. While we were alone we talked a little bit about different things. Mainly about me and my depression, and the things that Summer and I went through when we were having our problems. I told them about me writing in my blog but didn't give them the address. So she is now thinking of starting one of her own. Then Summer came home from work and we all went to my parents for the rest of the night.

After we came home and got the kids to bed Summer I got on the computer for awhile. Then my cousins wife IM'd me and we talked on Yahoo till about midnight. I felt bad for cutting out on her but I had to sleep for work. She was glad to have me to talk to though. She still loves my cousin very much.

The fourth was a good day. Didn't do the things I had planned like cleaning the garage, but we did get our shopping done and got supplies for the pool. Came home and bought some fireworks for the night and spent the rest of the day in the pool. It was well worth it to get one. Now if only I can figure out the whole chemical thing with keeping the water clean. I have NO clue what I'm doing. And now it is starting to show. I came home from work today with the hopes of jumping in. NO GO! The water was starting to turn dirty already. So I spent the next 2 hours trying to clean it. It's a little better now but not like it should be. It's only been up since Sat. and the filter is already dirty as can be. So on my way to group tomorrow I'm going to go to the pool supply store and have them test a sample of my water to tell me what I should be doing.

On to a last note. In that last post whoami929 made this comment:
You've been with a man? Why haven't I read this interesting, and very hot, tidbit about you? Damn!


Well here's the answer. I have mentioned it a little bit in a few posts. But not much. I guess the reason for that is because I'm afraid to. I'm afraid of what others will think or comment back to me. I'm also afraid that I will lose some of my readers. But here is the thing- If I'm writing this for ME and helping myself, then why am I afraid of these things? It's my blog. It's my life. Why am I so worried about what others think of me? I know that I shouldn't be. I should just worry about what I want to write on my page. But for some reason I just can't seem to get that out of my head.

9 comments:

Rob said...

Hey CH! That pool of yours looks so inviting! Thanks for the pic. Also it's really good that you are there for your cousin's wife, just like I hope you know that your blog readers are there for you and Summer. And yes, your blog is there for one main reason - for you! Not to keep us readers entertained or otherwise happy. So if you have sensitive issues to blog about then go ahead and do so. If however you first want to discuss them in more private places with me or any other online friend then you know where to do that as well. No worries.

O272 said...

Still messing with that pool???
Where's your HNT? ;)

Confused Husband said...

Rob Thanks. I appreciate it.

O Yup. Still messing with the pool.
I forgot that it was Thur. :-(
CH

Cinnamon said...

The chemicals are hard to figure out - add too much and you can irritate everyone's skin and eyes, too little and it's dirty.

I know this is similar to telling a guy to ask for directions, but... (especially since your kids are using the pool), can you go back to where you bought it, and the chemicals, and have them walk you through it again?

On the being with a guy thing, if the internet has shown us anything, is that any normal person has had moments in life that were unusual from what they usually do. A beer drinker can try a martini, and then decide he still likes beer better. His appreciation forhis favorite is enhanced by the knowledge of what else is available.

Experimentation and curiosity are normal, and nothing to be feared or ashamed of. If it wasn't for explorers, nobody would have ever found America, now would they?

Anonymous said...

you were with a man?? Yummy!!!

Do tell... ;-)

and thanks for changin stuff for me. ;-)

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Yes the pool chemicals are tricky...but once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine.
If you live in a good climate...meaning hot enough to heat the pool so you don't suffer from hypothermia the first two minutes in it, but cool enough to actually cool you off from the horrible heat...it's well worth it!
As for you and what other people think about you...life is short, be who you are and don't let anyone deter you from being who you are!

Anonymous said...

You should write what you'd like. While I would love to hear all the juicy details please don't write about it if it makes you uncomfortable. But I'd love to persuade you to send me an email with the juicy details...

ArtfulDodger said...

Hey dude I did it on my blog and you can too! What's the big deal? I'm more concerned about where you are, this post is almost a week old?!

Michael said...

Ditto on what ROB said. But I totally understand what you're saying too. I have gone to great lengths to keep my blogger ID seperate and confidential, but I still worry about the approval of my readers. There are still certain things I haven't talked about because I'm afraid of losing blog friends. The great irony is that I read some blogs just because of the crazy shit they write about.

The pool looks awesome!! Is it one of those that rise as you fill it with water? That's what we had a couple of years ago. We kept it for two summers and then Honey said she didn't want to put it up again unless we put up a fence in the back. We sold it in the next garage sale.