Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas has come and gone

Kind of obvious right?

Anyways I hope you all had a happy Christmas. Ours was great. Outside of the stresses of getting things ready in time. But before we go there let's back up a couple of days. All the way back to Thu. after work. I came home from work and to my horror found that someone cleaned my garage. Some of you might not see that as a bad thing but let me tell you why. As dirty as my garage was (it barely had a walk way to get from the house to the driveway) I still new where my stuff was at. When I came home all my hunting stuff was buried. I opened my garbage can in the driveway and some of the stuff I need was in the garbage. All the stuff that was scattered on the floor was now piled up from the floor to the ceiling on one wall. Needless to say I was not in a good mood. I was actually kind of pissed. Most of that was due to working an 11 hour day but also because of my garage, we still needed to go shopping that night for more gifts, and I needed to make a dish for the Christmas party at work. Any ways back to the garage. Apparently my s-i-l got bored and decided to clean the garage for me. That is something that I do alone. I knew it was a mess but I knew where my things were. I was going to clean it after duck season ended next month.

OK enough of that. Had the party at work on Fri. then came home early because of the sickness that I had earlier in the week. It started up really bad again while out shopping on Thu. night. I spent the rest of the day in bed.

Sat. I woke up to an early Christmas present from Summer. We woke up early and she initiated! Yes it was a great morning. :) Spent the rest of the day locked in my room wrapping presents.
That night we did our family tradition of driving all over town looking at the Christmas lights. Usually we go to a different city every year but we couldn't get the gas for it this year. All the overtime that I wrote about earlier was supposed to be here before Christmas. Unfortunately Sacramento screwed up the checks and we won't get them until the end of this week now. Dam state.
One last thing of importance for Sat. On the 14th I ordered a Gameboy on line for my oldest son. The online deal came with 2 games. When I placed the order it guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Well it never came. Actually the gameboy came but the games didn't come. I called the Mart by phone and they said there was a problem with the delivery. It won't be here until the 27th. I got a little flustered with the guy and said what about "guaranteed delivery" does that mean anything? Now he has a game boy with no games to open on Christmas day. He said he was sorry. And he could cancel the order. I said that's great. You sold us the games online for half the price you sell them for in the stores. Plus we live 30 miles from the nearest store. He refunded the 4 dollar shipping fee. WooHoo. So Summer and I had to go to the nearest store and break down. We used the credit card to by some last minute gifts. But I'm still happy with the way our shopping ended up this year. We paid cash for everything except 50 bucks we charged.


Christmas Day!
Summer and I woke up early again. Around 6:30. Again she initiated! Thats all I needed for Christmas. I was a happy camper. She initiated 2 days in a row.

Now our kids are not anything like I was as a kid. My sister and I were knocking on my parents door at 5 in the morning asking if it was time to open presents. And that was when we were in high school. :) Our kids on the other hand were still asleep at 8:30 in the morning. We have to wake them up every year. After we woke them up they opened their presents We went to my parents house. For more presents and dinner.

Let's just say that Santa was extra generous to the whole family this year. We got $350 worth in Gift Certificates to Home Depot. Exactly what we needed. And a portable DVD player for the Exploder. now long trips won't be a fight with the kids. Hopefully. My mom, dad and I all got GPS units for Christmas. They were even the same brand. Just different models. I think the best gift of the day goes to my youngest son though. My sister bought him a self inflating whoopi cushion. Thanks sis.
Played Texas Hold 'Em last night with my sister, dad, and grandma. No one had money and we were just learning so we didn't use money. Just assigned different colors different values. To bad for me as I was the winner last night.

So today of course we had to spend those GC's from Home Depot. We went and bought a new front door and security door. Summer wanted the security door after the incident with the guy with the pink purse.

So now we are up to date. Had a hard time finding pics without people in it. I like the picture feature and might try to use it more. We'll see. There's a good pic of Summer and I but I'm not sure if she'd like it. So if it's ok to post it Summer let me know.

5 comments:

DH said...

Glad you had a good Christmas CH...especially on Summer taking the initiative two days in a row!!!

(Way to go Summer!!!)

Hope you get that OT check soon.

Have a good one!

O272 said...

Glad to hear your holiday went well despite the Gameboy issue! I hope your check arrives soon! :)

Confused Husband said...

Thank you all. Check came in today.:)
CH

Michael said...

We played Texas Hold'em too. We all put $10 in a pot and it's winner take all. F-I-L won, as usual.

Just in case you run out of something to blog about I'm tagging you.

I can't figure out how to do a hyperlink in a comment so go back to my site to play.

Enjoy,
M-

FTN said...

Hey, a Christmas without going into debt is always good news.

A Christmas with a wife initiating sex is double good news.

Plus, I'm with bedroomdancer... can't go wrong with cheesy potatoes.