Tuesday, December 13, 2005

An update on the guy with the purse

I talked to a police officer today at work. I was able to get the story from him about what really happened. The guy came to our house on Mon. morning as i said right after Summer walked in the door from taking our son to preschool. Then on Tue. around 3:30 or so the same guy was following 2 girls home from McDonald's. When they got close to my street the guy tried to coax them into his car by offering the little pink purse. They ran home and told their mom. Mom then called her husband who in turn called th police to make the complaint. The husband and wife also wanted to remain anonymous. So the police have no way of contacting them to get any more information. All that they were able to tell the police was a description of the vehicle he was driving.
The officer that I talked to said that they were patrolling the area for a few hours but were unable to locate the car. So I told him that I would have Summer call him when she was on her lunch break. She was able to give him a description of what the guy looked like. Apparently we are the only leads that they have. The officer did tell her that the next time someone comes over like that and looks suspicious to call the station. As long as they have a call about a suspicious person in a neighborhood they can stop him and talk to him. If they have no calls they can't stop him for just walking down the street. Interesting.
It is kinda freaky knowing that this guy has been in the vicinity for a few days trying to find little girls with a purse. SICKO! Hopefully I see him again. I really want this guy caught.

3 comments:

O272 said...

Situations like that scare the hell out of me! I'm glad nothing happened at your house and I hope they catch him before he finds other prey.

Michael said...

As a parent that is definitely the scariest thing ever. I hope your whole neighborhood is on the alert for this guy. Sadly he's probably moved on to another neighborhood, but maybe if enough of you are looking someone will find him. I just hope when they do catch him that some of the Dads get a hand (or foot) on him before the police get him.

M-

Confused Husband said...

Michael, Thats what I'm hoping for. :)
CH