Sunday, December 11, 2005

So much to talk about!

Well this might be a long post if I can stay awake. It's been a long week. I actually worked 20 hours of overtime since last Fri. night. I got called to work 3 times this past week for accidents on the highway. Then we had scheduled 8 hours for sealing cracks in the highway today. The interesting accident was last night. A person that goes to Summer's church (she's also the mom of one of our babysitters) was on the highway and tried to pass a fire truck. The truck WAS responding to a call and had it's red lights on. Well she tried to pass it and ended up T-boning it. Oh it was also in a no passing zone. Idiot number 1. Idiot number 2 was a person who tried to pass a hay truck on a 2 lane levee road. In the fog. He ended up driving off the levee and almost went into the river. Did I mention because of this idiot 5 other cars got hit? Luckily no one was injured. We just had to close down the highway for a few hours cleaning up the debri.
I'm not telling this to you all to bore you. I'm telling you so that you don't become like these other idiots. Please be careful when driving. Turn on your headlights in the fog. And DON'T pass emergency vehicles!

Now to the real posting. As I told you I stayed home from work on Mon. Well something happened that I never thought much about until yesterday. ***Side note: I'm finishing this now on Sun. afternoon. I was called back to work again last night and didn't get home till 1:30. So make that 24 hours of ot in the last week. End note. *** Now where did I leave off last night? Oh yeah. Mon. when I stayed home. So this guy comes and knocks on the door. Summer answers the door and this guy is asking her if we have any daughters or if we have any kids at all. He says he found this little pink purse on the street and is trying to find the 'poor little girl who lost her purse'. Summer tells him no we don't have any daughters. Well the guy sounded real pushy to me so I went to the door. I was sitting at the computer reading Blogs at the time. The desk was out of his sight so he didn't know I was there. As soon as I got to the door his whole attitude changed and he apologized for taking her time, and left.
Well on Thu. I was talking to a guy at work and his wife was talking to the principal at the elementary school. She said that a guy tried to lure 2 girls into his car earlier in the week with a little pink purse. The girls ran away from him. So we went to the police station to see if they knew anything. Well apparently the parents of the girls never told the police about the incident they just told the school.
So now both Summer and I a little bit on the paranoid side. I keep thinking about what might have happened if I wasn't home. Could it be possible that he knew she would be home alone on a Mon. morning and knew when she would be home from taking the youngest to school? He came to the door within minutes of her coming home. Summer keeps saying that she is glad that I stayed home from work that day. She's almost afraid to be home by herself now. Maybe I'm over reacting but that's just the way I am.

Now we go to Fri. night. I received the call from the Kaiser shrink and I have an appointment on the 30th of the month. Should be interesting. Summer and I went out to dinner without the kids that night. It was great. We had a good time together. But OMG it was expensive. Not really our dinner that was to be expected but the babysitter and the pizza for the kids. Since when did 2 medium pizzas cost 30 bucks?? 1 cheese and 1 pepperoni were 30 bucks. Holy crap. I was expecting maybe 20 tops. Really need to find different food for when we have a babysitter. After dinner we did a very small portion of Christmas shopping. By the time we got home it was 11:30 and the babysitter and our youngest son we crashed out on the couch. It took 10 minutes to wake her up so I could take her home. I felt bad about keeping her out so late. But apparently it was fine. I talked to her mom after work yesterday and she said anytime we wanted to use her to babysit that it would be fine. She was thrilled because our youngest told her that he loved her. But then again he tells everyone that he loves you if you give him what he wants. He's only 5.

I seem to have sparked up some interesting comments on my last post dealing with religion. As I said in a comment you all had some good points. I do have more to say about it but I need to get my thoughts together first. There are just to many things that I believe that go against everything that Christianity believes in. But more about that later.

Last weekend I told you that I had some things to talk about that I haven't talked about before. Well here it goes. So we have had quite a few conversations lately, and some of them have ben about sex. Without going into to much detail here after reading some of the Blogs that deal with clashing libido's, Summer told me that she thought that the only reason I was with her was because of sex. That could not be further from the truth. Yes I love to make love to my wife. Who wouldn't love to make love to their wife? But there is so much more than that. I married her because of who she is. She also seems to think that just because I touch her that I am trying to make love to her. That also is not true. I hold her, kiss her, touch her, all just to let her know that I love her. It's like digger of Reality and Redemption. I'm just looking for some intimacy. I don't ever want her to feel like I am pressuring her for sex. To me if she is being pressured then she won't be in to it. If she is not in to it then she won't enjoy it. If she don't enjoy it then I won't enjoy it. So why would I want to pressure her. The good thing is that since we have had these conversations She don't seem to be stressed out when I go to hold her at night.
So there you have it. I have posted a about sex and it was not offensive. (I hope).

This has been way to long of a post and I need to catch up on my reading so till next time.

7 comments:

Digger Jones said...

I am working on something to address the religion issue in a little different way.

"All you want is sex" is a classic LL line and is so trite that next time it gets thrown at me, I'm going to agree with it. It's sort of like when a woman says "I look so fat!" It's a trick.

Turn it around by asking her if that's what she really, truly thinks. If she does, she doesn't know you very well at all.

D.

Stephanie said...

Domino's has a 5/5/5 deal. Three one topping medium pizzas for $5 each. If you have Domino's in your area--it's a great deal. Personally, I think their pizza is crap--but my kids just love it.

Michael said...

Glad you got some overtime, especially here around Christmas...always helpful.

Pizza prices vary DRAMATICALLY depending on where you are, what you like, and who's pizza you get. Ditto Stephanie on Domino's...crappy pizza, but kids don't care.

Religon is always a touchy subject, but one that is worth exploring. Take your time collecting your thoughts. It may even help to write them out away from the blog just to get all your feelings out, and then edit them down to a blogworthy post.

M-

Confused Husband said...

Stephanie and Michael,
Unfortunately the pizza place I went to is the only one for 30 miles. same as a grocery store.Thats the price for living in a small town. We had a take-n-bake place for about 7 months and it went out of business. I love take-n-bake. Next time I'll buy frozen pizza's.
CH

O272 said...

Take-n-Bake? What's the fun of going out to eat if you gotta cook it yourself?! ;)

We eat out all the time. I can't cook to save my life, but I do attempt to. Once I destroy whatever I'm cooking, dh runs out for takeout. I don't get along with kitchen appliances.

I'm glad to hear that you and Summer are talking more. You may not like what she's saying right now, but it's good for her to get her feelings out.

Confused Husband said...

bd, yes it was scary. Well not that it was scary for me when he was here but more scary to think about if I wasn't here. Unfortunately I was unable to stop by the police station while I was at work today to check back with them. The thing that I really thought was weird was when we went there to talk about it last week they had no records of it at all. Now if I was the parent of one of those girls I would tell the police first. Not the school. I alsao thought that the school would be required to notify the police too. But they hadn't.
What are some parents thinking?
CH

Anonymous said...

Yup, she sounds like a quality time girl. I could have written her speach in that last paragraph by memory. You'll have to find a dozen ways to touch her, love her, talk to her, listen to her, that are outside of sex. We all forget those little things that keep intimacy intimate. Glad you're talking. That's a huge step in the right direction.

SCARY AS HELL about that guy. Great warning to the rest of us. Thank god you were there.