Sunday, December 18, 2005

Long weekend

Finally the weekend is over. Came home from work early on Fri. to get some housework done. Didn't turn out to well though. Had check book problems. It seems that using the check card wasn't such a good idea for presents this year. Although we did stick to our goal of no charging gifts on credit. The problem is that I would by stuff with the check card then come home and transfer from the savings to checking to cover the costs. Well I didn't do that soon enough on 1 occasion. Then Summer made an order online for me and didn't tell me. So that money didn't get transferred as well. Needless to say we bounced a few checks. I did get all the charges reversed though. The bank was supposed to transfer the money from savings to checking automaticly. Overdraft protection. But it wasn't set up like it was supposed to be. They refunded the bank charges.

Yesterday we picked up Summers sister. She will be staying with us for 3 weeks. The fun is already starting. After picking her up we went to the family Christmas party. It was great. My cousin introduced me to a new drink. Butterscotch Schnapps and Bailey's Irish Cream. MMMMMMM!!!!!!!! It was good. I got a Texas Hold 'Em set from the gift exchange. Now I need to learn how to play cards.

Attempted to go duck hunting today. A tree fell down and blocked the road to the club we were going to. So I got up early for nothing. We did pretty much finish all the shopping today. Just need the stocking stuffers.

Sorry it's short and boring but Summer wants the computer now. We really need another one.

4 comments:

Michael said...

CH-
That drink is called a buttery nipple and it's a holiday favorite at our family get-togethers too. Wife and Mother-in-law don't partake, but the rest of us love them.
I think Debit Cards and bounced checks just go together. I did the same thing this weekend and I'm scrambling today to get money into my account to cover them.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
M-

O272 said...

Mmmm...duck is good! Sorry you didn't get a chance to go hunting! When does the season end?

Confused Husband said...

Here in Ca. we are blessed with one of the longest season's in the U.S. It opens in Oct. and ends the last weekend in Jan. So I've still got 6 weekends left to go.
CH

Digger Jones said...

I still think you are far, far better off using the check card than the credit card. Well done on that score!

D.