Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's back! (again)

Well It's finally back! Again. Yes Summer's Exploder is finally out of the shop again. It was released back into our custody last night. It runs great now. Much quieter than it was before, has more power off the line now (I could be just used to my Yota to though), and is pleasant to drive. Oh the most important part: It only cost 400 to fix it. The owner only charged 4 hours of labor and parts. So we didn't come close to breaking the bank. Our youngest son though almost did just that.

So I'm doing laundry on Sat. afternoon when I notice water all over the garage floor. The washer machine is spilling water from the drain onto the floor. So I run a snake down the drain. It still is not draining. So I go into the house and there is sewer water in the tub (front bathroom) and in the shower (Master bath). Great. Youngest son used too much tp again. So I run the snake in the cleanout in front of the house. It works enough to get the drains flowing. So I thought it was fixed.
Go hunting again on Sun. (it sucked again.) and when I get home and start dishes the shower is backing up with sewage again. Apparently I didn't clear the whole clog on Sat. and Summer and the kids were just piling tp against the clog all day. It was to dark to do anything that night so I called in sick to work yesterday. We ended up calling a plumber. That plumber charged us $214.00 to come run a snake down the cleanout. I couldn't believe it. I was glad he was able to use the cleanout though. He would have had to charge us 170 PER toilet to remove them and run a snake down those drains. What a rip off. But I was so glad that we had the money in the savings account to pay him. That way we didn't need to the Visa. The rest of the day was spent with Summer reading Blogs and making cookies. Finally. So we will start Christmas shopping this weekend. My dad and I have decided to take this weekend off of hunting. There is to much other stuff to do. I'm scheduled to work 8 hours of overtime on Sat. YAY :-)

Things between Summer and I are still going good. I'm calling Kaiser to make an appt. with a counselor tomorrow after work. Need to set a reminder. Was going to do it today but ended up putting the lights outside the house after work today.

In reading Summer's Blog I see that she is thinking about no longer posting on her site. She said that writing on it has caused me to much pain. Although it has hurt me reading what she writes, it's not the way she thinks it is. It hurts me because of what I have done to her to hurt her. At the same time I am so glad that she has written her feelings out. She has kept them in for so long now. She does admit that she feels better letting it all out. She also thinks that it is taking to much time from other things. Now that I can understand. Not saying she has more important things to do. I really want her to take more time for herself. That is one of the things that seems to be helping us out is me giving her more of her own time. For instance right now. We both had long days today and we both want to relax and unwind. We just have different ways of doing that. I want to be with her and just sit on the couch and hold her. That is how I unwind. She in the other hand wants to sit in the bedroom alone and read her bible. So I'm on the computer writing while she gets her alone time to relax. Then in about an hour I won't be able to take it anymore and got to bed.

I can't seem to find a fitting way to close tonight. So for now let's just say good night.

4 comments:

DH said...

Congrats on keeping the Exploder costs to a minimum...and though the plumbing problems weren't cheap, at least it's fixed.

Keep trying on getting that quiet time with Summer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

O272 said...

Thanks for the welcome, CH. I've been reading your blog (and several others) for quite some time now.

I recently had a kidlet drop a toy down the toilet and it cost me $400 for the plumber to snake it out. I think I got ripped there. Ah well, live and learn!

I hope Summer decides to write more. She sounds like a sweetheart and I'd love to hear more from her! (Maybe I should've posted that on her blog and not yours...but I suspect you check yours more often!)

Confused Husband said...

o272, Thats what I thought he did. After I couldn't get it snaked out I thought it was a toy instead. Glad I didn't have your plumber. I would have a shit fit.

I'll pass the message on to Summer when I get to bed. I do check mine quite a bit more often then hers. Unluess she tells me to check it. She gets excited when someone comments on her blog. I doubt she'll give it up completely. She just won't be a regular poster.
CH

Michael said...

Glad to hear about the Exploder, sorry about the plumber though. AS the saying goes "If it's not one thing, it's another". Good Luck with the Christmas shopping.
M-