Tuesday, November 07, 2006

YEAH!

As I posted in this post back in June, I took a test for a promotion at work. They "said" that I would receive the results in about 6-8 weeks. Well this is now Nov.! Well guess what.










I finally got the results back in the mail! And the results are..........
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I PASSED!!!!!!

Not only did I pass but I got a lot better score than I ever thought I would get. I had originally thought that I was going to fail the test, and IF I passed it would barely pass. Well the letter that I got in the mail said that I scored an 88%. AND I'm #18 on the list. So there are only 17 people ahead of me. One of those people took a promotion from a previous test I did not take last year so there is actually 16 people ahead of me.

So now I need to wait for my superintendent to get home from vacation next week. I have a supervisor right here in the same yard I work at that wants me to take an opening. So if it is in the stars I'm hoping to be promoted by the New Year. I'm actually hoping that the promotion don't come through till after Jan. first. I have a 5% raise coming in my current position on that date. If I get promoted before then I need to wait 18 months to get that 5% when I reach top scale.

Time to celebrate!

7 comments:

Rob said...

"I'm hoping to be promoted by the New Year"

Congratulations CH on passing and getting lined up for that big promotion. So in future will we have to call you Mr. CH? :-)

Emily said...

Oh, congratulations, that's wonderful. You are a lion among men...

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you.

Desmond Jones said...

Good work, CH!

Or is that 'Mr. CH, sir'?

ArtfulDodger said...

WOOOOOOO WHOOOOO!! A big congrats to the big man about town now! Gonna have to learn to play golf, have the boss over for dinners, start wearing a tie... gosh, we won't even recognize ya.

Good job CH! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Confused Husband said...

Thank you to everyone! All I need to do is get the position I'm looking for.

No you don't need to call me "Mr." It's not that big of a promotion. I'll be doing about the same stuff I do now. The difference is that I will be in the lead position. Meaning that when the supervisor is off I'll be running the crew. My job will be to set an example to the crew ofhow they "should" be working. So NO TIES! Yet any ways. Maybe when I become a supervisor in a fewmore years.

Sir I just love that avatar you've got there.
CH