Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Where does....

....the time go? It's been well over a week since I finally came clean with the world. In that time I have been trying to stay away so that I could focus on what I needed to so I could stop. Unfortunately it didn't work. I went back to my old ways again on Fri. after work. I caved and watched another episode. So to battle the networks I spent all day Sat. cleaning my garage and preparing to go hunting on Sun. I did go out Sun. and it was a flop. Not because of the birds not being there but because I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

In trying to keep up with not watching again on Mon. I came home from work and was attacked by my wife. We had a very good afternoon together. Then my dad invited me over to his clubhouse to watch Mon. night Football with the other retired people. So Mon. was good for me in my resolve.

Tue. I came home from work and again was feeling the urge to cave. So to fight the urge I left to go hunting again. I did not return until this evening. But I found myself driving way to fast in an effort to get home before the show was over. I did slow down when I realized how bad I have become.

So my new resolve is to just admit that I like the show and there's no getting around it. Just over an hour till I can watch again.

As a side not the episode that Taja referred to in the last post has an update coming next week. Dr. Phil is bringing Jeremy back on the show to see what the truth is. Is he molesting his 3 year old daughter or not? We'll just have to see next week.

4 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

And you wonder why you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn? Man, this stuff is effecting you! Before long and you'll start crying when they tell you who the real father is!!

Anonymous said...

I'm more ashamed that I enjoy the O.C. than I think I would be of liking Dr. Phil. At least your drama is grounded in reality....I think.

kissmekate said...

Hey why don't you log onto his website? You can watch certain snippets from his shows on it!

And his books are great too. If only I could get my husband to wathc Dr Phil.

O272 said...

So that's where you've been! Sitting in front of the boob tube watching Dr. Phil! How can you ever redeem yourself, CH?! ;)