Thursday, November 09, 2006

Well here I am. Stuck in bed. Home from work for the second day in a row. I'm sick. Stuck here in bed, bored of my ass. At least SR was nice enough to leave the laptop home when she went to work this morning. So I can check your blogs every few minutes. So for those of you with site trackers I'm going to give you a huge spike in visitors today.

Anyways I got some bad new today when I called in sick. Apparently my supervisors son got shot over in Iraq a day or two ago. He got hit 2 times in the arm and once in the thigh. He's doing alright now. When he is well enough to fly they are sending to DC to recuperate. They are flying my boss and his wife to DC as well over the weekend to stay there while he recovers. He was due to come home from serving his time in about a month. He was there for somewhere between 18 months and 2 years. Not sure exactly. I d know he was due to come home though because my boss was saying how his daughter couldn't wait to see her big brother soon.

So for now I'm lying in bed, hoping that I get better before pheasant season opens Sat. and feeling bad and happy for my boss and his son. He did get shot, but at least he's still alive and so far has all of his limbs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon

I spent a day sick last year some time and by the time it was over, I was ready to go to Iraq myself.

Desmond Jones said...

Yeah, so now I know exactly which of my California visitors is you.

Hercules. ;)

Get well soon.

ArtfulDodger said...

That sucks being "bored of your ass"! :) I know you meant "off", but that was a funny typo. Man can't be expected to type, in bed, and sick!

That stinks about your bosses son, but at least it seems like he will be ok. So far I've known of about a dozen people that have served and each one of them has made it back ok, thank goodness.

Let's hope they all get home soon.

O272 said...

I hope Arnold is paying you for all of these days off! ;)

Feel better soon!!!

Rob said...

"So for now I'm lying in bed, hoping that I get better before pheasant season opens Sat."

Hmmm, sick for 2 days this week and yet still hoping to go pheasant hunting this Saturday? Do you think that's wise to be going out so soon, CH?

Confused Husband said...

lbp That must have been some serious sckness.

Desmond Close but not it.

Art Yes it is pretty bad when your bored of your own ass. I think I need to get a new one.

Mr. H Will do!

O Of course he is! I have sick leave you know.

rob I sure do! I have 5 other people conting on me to hunt this piece of property. I'm the only one that has the permission to hunt it. Without me they are out of luck. Besides I'll be fine by then.
CH