Monday, November 27, 2006

So what has been going on in the CH/SR household as of late? Well let's see. It's been awhile since my last "real" update so I'll have to do some back tracking here.

On the Sun. before Thanksgiving my cousin and I went duck hunting at a refuge about 2 hours south of home for me. The 2 of us spent the night in the back of SR's Explorer. Let me tell you sleeping 2 full size adults, one 5'11" 270 pounds, the other 6'5" roughly 200, is NOT the most comfortable place to sleep. But it was a good day of hunting when we did wake up.

On the way home from hunting I had to pick up my S-I-L to drive her to our house to spend the week. What a joyous week that turned out to be with her here as well.

Mon. morning I had another therapy appointment in the morning. I talked to my Dr. about the possibility of having Summer sit in on an appointment with us in the future. He said that would be no problem at all. So she will be attending my next appointment together on the 12th of next month. I can't wait for that day to get here.

The real fun happened on Mon. on my way home from the Dr. though. I got about 5 miles into my 30 mile drive when my truck started to vibrate uncontrollably. I had no choice but to drive about 20 miles an hour on all the back roads I could find. I called my mechanic and said that I'm on my way and will be there when I can. I drove about another 10 miles and was now on top of a one lane levee road. All of a sudden I heard a clang and something bouncing on the ground. I stopped and got out to see my rear drive shaft hanging from the rear axle onto the ground. Two bolts were about 50 feet behind me. Both broke in half. I'm so glad I was on the levee road and not on the highway doing 75. Got towed home and had the vehicle ready to go duck hunting after work on Tue night.

Hunted on Wed. afternoon. Nothing special. Came home and cleaned up my hunting gear.

Thu. we went to my parents house for dinner. It was a good meal as always. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, frozen fruit salad, sweet potatoes (YUCK!!) and pumpkin pie that SR made. Didn't really do much that day at all. Watched some TV and that was about it.

Fri my dad and I took both my boys out pheasant hunting. It was a slow day that didn't last long. After about 45 minutes youngest decided that he had enough and wanted to go home. So home we went. Where I got my hunting stuff reorganized to leave again to hunt Sat. morning.

Gee do you think i have an addiction or something? :D

Hunted most of the day on Sat and learned a very valuable lesson: Cell phones and water DON'T mix. I lifted my jacket up forgetting that my phone was in it. I was going to lay the jacket out on the island to take a little cat nap while the birds weren't flying. I lift up the jacket and splash. In goes the phone. It didn't work after that. But by the time I came home Sat. night it was fine. Drove all the way home with it on top of the defroster outlet and the defroster going full blast for the 2 hour drive. I got very lucky. The phone is only about 2 months old.

Sun. I was supposed to go hunting again but decided to stay home and do some chores instead. Raked leaves, helped my parents rearrange furniture, and clean all the frost out of the freezer in the garage. Let me tell you that with all the frost off the shelves there's SO much more room in there. Before I cleaned it, it was so full we couldn't put anything else in it. Now it's almost empty. Just from the buildup of frost. The mistake of the day was not going hunting. A storm came in Sun. afternoon and it would have been a perfect day to be on the marsh. At least SR took her sister home that night. YAY!!

Which reminds me dear you were supposed to tell me stuff about her after she was gone. I'm ready to listen.

That's been my week in a nutshell. Except that I forgot that last Sun. (the day I brought S-I-L home) SR invited me to go to a concert at her church. It was called Psalm 100. It's a choir that is made up of people from 4 different churches on the delta. I had a really good time there and I'm glad I went.

One last note for those of you interested in the Dr. Phil saga of late I have not watched an episode in a few days now. But that will change tomorrow night. At 7PM my time the episode will air that will be the conclusion to the case of Jeremy and whether or not he molested his 3 year old daughter.

I would also like to congratulate Emily on reaching the 100 post mark, and also Artfuldodger on his upcoming blogging anniversary.

Congratulations both of you on a job well done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, exactly, is your issue with sweet potatoes?
Best.vegetable.ever!

Thanks for the update!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good, safe week!
&hearts

FindingHeart said...

I had a shotgun most of my adolescent years, but never hunted. (not counting 'fishing' for gar in the creek. Ha!) The solitude of hunting and surrounded by nature appeals, but with a Red Dawn coming someday, I guess I'd better learn to clean a kill. Sound's like you had fun.

Rob said...

Happy to see that you enjoyed your time off hunting there CH. My wife had Dr Phil on for that episode (she watches it, I don't like it as much anymore) - nothing of any finality was really shown - both parents seemed to be nutbars, in my opinion.