Thursday, August 24, 2006

More pics from vacation

This is a section of the Truckee River that we stopped at and decided to eat lunch the day that we went rafting.

Scenic overlook at Emmigrant Gap on I80. IOt's views like this that remind me that it would be impossible for me to be happy anywhere outside of California. I live 4 hours from Tahoe and 1 hour to the closest beach on the Ocean. In what other state could I be that close such beautiful scenery?

A view of Lake Tahoe from the 18th floor of Harrah's. The view is almost as good as tyhe food there.

this would be the back side of the cabin. The downstairs has a small bedroom with a double bed, kitchen, bathroom, dining room, and living room. Upstairs is a big loft with a full bathroom and a king size bed. I've been going to this same cabin since 1983 or 84. When Summer and I got married my cousin let us have the cabin for 7 days for the honeymoon.

This is the clear water of Lake Tahoe. The first time I was ever on the lake in a boat was with my dad in 1989. We had just bought downriggers and a depth finder for the boat. The depth finder was reading 75 feet deep. We lowered the 7 pound ball of lead down 75 feet. Looked over the side of the boat and saw the weight dragging in the sand on the bottom. Cleanest water I have ever been privaleged to see.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Very beautiful scenery CH. Thanks for sharing

O272 said...

Great pics, CH! Incredible!

Trueself said...

These pictures made me sigh. . . heavily. Sometimes I very much miss living in northern CA. Of course, once we sold our house there we could never afford to move back so I'm just stuck out here in the middle of the cornfields.

Desireous said...

Wow what great pics. It all looks so peaceful! I'd love to be there right now!

hugs

Des

NeverEnough said...

I'm jealous - that is gorgeous!!

O272 said...

Cofused - why aren't you posting this weekend?! Inquiring minds want to know! ;)