Thursday, December 10, 2020

Something happy

As I stated earlier this week, I was going to post something that was happy and upbeat. So here it goes. I must apologize though because I will be fast forwarding to last Fri. Dec. 4th. Summer and I were having a really bad day. We had been arguing all day since I came home from work early. The arguing went from 9:30 in the morning to almost 6:00 at night. Then my sister called and said that she needed me to be on speaker phone and that Summer needed to sit down. Once I got inside the house and got Summer to sit down, my sister told us what she was receiving as an “early Christmas present”.

                 She told us that our step niece is pregnant! It instantly made me start smiling and begin to laugh and I was ssssoooo excited and happy for the first time in over a month. We were both extremely happy. We are going to be Great Aunt and Great Uncle! It does not matter that our niece is 17. I am going to be a part of the baby’s life from the beginning. I am going to be there for everything that I missed with both of my nieces since I did not meet them until they were 10 and 7.

I still need to have a serious talk with her boyfriend, and it is actually fun this past week knowing that he is afraid of what I want to talk to him about. I told him that even though they are not my daughters I still love both of my nieces as if they were my daughters. Especially since I wanted a daughter, but it was not in the cards for Summer and me. I also want to have serious talk with my niece as well. I’m not mad at them. I just want to talk to them and make sure they don’t rush into anything just because she’s pregnant. I don’t want them to end up like Summer and I in 10 years or more because one or both regrets being married so young and missing out on life (like is the case with Summer).

When my sister told my niece that I was actually excited about her having a baby, my niece was actually relieved. I went to there house on Sat. for my younger niece’s dance recital and intended to talk to them both then, but it didn’t work out. I will try again tomorrow night when we all go out looking at Christmas lights.

That phone call changed Summer and I for the rest of the night. We stooped arguing and she started to answer me with actual answers instead of silence and I don’t know.

So that is all for now. I don’t have anything else positive to say at the moment so I will go ahead and sign out.

No comments: